The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally my new grille arrived

blitz supra

Just taken delivery of my grille ( Same as Mr Lover )

Great bit of kit, certainly fills that silly big hole in the bumper

( I pulled a dead bird out last week when washing the car)

Had to get longer ties though (300x3.6mm) as the ones supplied are too short,

For those who don't know what they are have a look on here based in USA http://www.grille-tech.com

Put in make

Supra

year

Pics make it look huge not a flattering angle, but on the car it looks great and perfect size

Baragin at about £38.00 delivered,

Suprised some of the traders on here haven't purchased a few as would sell well here i'm sure

I might be blind, but I can't see anything ready made for the Supra on the site, just mesh sheets again.

Clink on link

Make Toyota

Model Supra

year any 95 etc

then you will see the grilles

they go on with ties yet you can't see them

custom fit, 10 mins to fit

delivery time approx 2 weeks

Those look like they'd effect the airflow quite a bit, probably not such an issue on an NA. I wouldn't want to fit one on a TT with FMIC installed though.

I agree Nic. I dont think the holes are big enough for good throughput of air.

If i had a FMIC i wouldn't hide it with mesh, i would have it sticking right out the front bumper looking lairy as fook :D :D :D

and a nice big stone hole in it too

The mesh is really fine, its a really good bit of kit, Very strong there are millions of holes on it

As its US it would have been made probably for the TT anyway,

£38.00 grille versus expensive Rad / intercooler ... not rocket science if it were me with a Intercooler up front

Mr Lover has one on his TT and no issues,

I doubt to be honest if it effects air flow at all, not that it is "THAT" critical for your TT its only a fine mesh

Next people will be saying remove your F / Number plate it effects airflow.. what ever next..

Saying that the only car I know that you musn't mess around with N/plate position is the RX8 , The grille is fake the Air is drawn in much lower, so if you lower the Plate the car will run hotter and even on fan,

and a nice big stone hole in it too

The mesh is really fine, its a really good bit of kit, Very strong there are millions of holes on it

£38.00 grille versus expensive Rad / intercooler ... not rocket science if it were me with a Intercooler up front

I doubt to be honest if it effects air flow at all, not that it is "THAT" critical for your TT its only a fine mesh

Next people will be saying remove your F / Number plate it effects airflow.. what ever next..

Saying that the only car I know that you musn't mess around with N/plate position is the RX8 , The grille is fake the Air is drawn in much lower, so if you lower the Plate the car will run hotter and even on fan,

I was only making a point that if i had a FMIC i would have it as far to the front as possible to gain as much cooling as i could, who gives a monkeys about a few stones getting caught up in it these cars were not built for going slow:d

Cooling is critical on a TT, especially with a front mounted intercooler fitted, as it has a significant effect on airflow to the radiator, any additional restriction to both the FMIC and radiator would be bad.

Even with lots of holes you are reducing the air flow by a percentage ie. the area covered by the mesh.

Gary (Mr Lover) has a side mounted intercooler by the looks of it on his, so probably not an issue.

The number plate is also a restriction to airflow that many remove or relocate for this very reason.

Cooling is critical on a TT, especially with a front mounted intercooler fitted, as it has a significant effect on airflow to the radiator, any additional restriction to both the FMIC and radiator would be bad.

Even with lots of holes you are reducing the air flow by a percentage ie. the area covered by the mesh.

Gary (Mr Lover) has a side mounted intercooler by the looks of it on his, so probably not an issue.

The number plate is also a restriction to airflow that many remove or relocate for this very reason.

:yeahthat:

Maybe worth prospective buyers perhaps askng the company that has produced and sold 100's of these world wide

are there any issues fitting them.

It was made for the TT in mind to protect the intercooler

It is good quality though and quite a clever fitting arrangement,

Maybe worth prospective buyers perhaps askng the company that has produced and sold 100's of these world wide

are there any issues fitting them.

It was made for the TT in mind to protect the intercooler

It is good quality though and quite a clever fitting arrangement,

And do you really think that they (or any other company) are going to reply that actually the design is crap and that it seriously affects the cooling properties? :rolleyes:

And do you really think that they (or any other company) are going to reply that actually the design is crap and that it seriously affects the cooling properties? :rolleyes:

As its there line of business , would have thought it would be a tried and tested product so no come backs???

I think this Air flow business is taken to extremes though, how does half a number plate stop Air to your intercooler its not like its going to rob you of 100 bhp

Look at modern cars with FMIC they have half a ton of the usual cheap plastic in front them

Anyway not getting into a slanging match over bloody Air flow,

The thread was about a grille and a contact if you choose to have one , its cheap , good product , I'm happy with it , and if you chose to buy one i'm sure you'll think its good value for money

If you want one there is the web link

I was only pointing out to members that that particular mesh looks quite restrictive and specifically mentioned that it wouldn't be ideal on a TT with FMIC fitted. On a TT with SMIC or NA I'm sure it would be fine.

It is as a cheap cosmetic product in the end, I very much doubt that the company has done airflow tests on all the cars they sell the product for.

I have just read my replies and it may have looked as if I was having a go at Mr. Blitz - I wasn't. I was merely pointing out the same theory as Nic i.e. a TT running any make of FMIC needs as much throughput of air as possible.

No offence was intended.

I have just read my replies and it may have looked as if I was having a go at Mr. Blitz - I wasn't. I was merely pointing out the same theory as Nic i.e. a TT running any make of FMIC needs as much throughput of air as possible.

No offence was intended.

No probs matey, It WAS good to have a proper debate and question asking and views for a change, without the usual stupid comments

But if Airflow was "that critical " you'd be driving around with Air scoopes on the size of JCB digger buckets attached to front of our cars,

Trouble is so many threads are going off topic lately and offending many people,

GTO thread an example, you look at some of the replies and you feel embarrassed,

Some of it maybe made in jess I know... but to some people it is seen we are ganging up ..

Everyone has views but the Supra is not the best super car in the world, they have just as many faults as the rest, we just seem to be narrow minded

As i said you haven't offended me it was good to get some input for a change

Thanks