The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hyper Sports and Racing

AdzC

Just returned from having a lower control arm fitted and what can I say?

Very impressed with the service. I will definitely be using them in the future and i'm heading back on Saturday to have my new exhaust fitted.

If anybody in the North West is looking for a garage to look after their Supra I can highly recommend Hyper Sports.

Cheers

Adam

how bizarre! i was literally about to put up a very similar thread! just picked mine up tonight after having the engine mounts replaced due to some vibration issues i've been having for a long while

fantastic friendly service and best of all they seem like good honest blokes, only charging me a couple of hours labour after saying it could take double that to start with

highly recommended from me too

Very interesting guys - I had a recent disaster with this company and had £5K work done (completely wasted). Here are the problems:-

1000cc Injectors miss fitted with leaks - incorrect fitting

Intank fuel pump fitted botched welding - fuel cut off disabled - in the event of crash I would have been a goner!!!! :( - they did this to improve the fuel pressure delivery wow!

Fuel system completely messed up - u should see the photos!

Ignition packs faulty

Fuel pressure switch damaged

Gauge sendors damaged by mechanic

Engine mapping - tried to complete via hand controller without proper software - they called other tuners for help!!!!

Dyno testing to extreme without cooling equipment installed - not good as this overheats your engine internals

Hunting idle - not corrected for £5K wow!

Over tight the external waste gates causing more probelms

Fitted super SQV dump vale so it ingested water - very smart

They could not fix their own demo supra clutch probelms

Check out the state of the garage and this should tell you alot about the quality and care re: engine rebuild disapline

I have just had to fork out £13K to put right the damage and rebuild the engine!!!

Guys be very very careful wot you have done. Think they are good at basic mechs - however I would never go to them for engine rebuild, mapping etc. They overclaim wot they can deliver. I do not want you guys going through this little lot - not pleasant. There are more competent tuners to go for!

You have no come back whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delighted to say my car has been in intesive care for 4 months and came back last week - now 700 bhp at the wheels and a dream. Took it to Shell Stanlow today - home of V-Power - the boys at Shell well impressed - however no free tank of petrol!

Very interesting guys - I had a recent disaster with this company and had £5K work done (completely wasted). Here are the problems:-

Intank fuel pump fitted botched welding - fuel cut off disabled - in the event of crash I would have been a goner!!!! :( - they did this to improve the fuel pressure delivery wow!

Ignition packs faulty

Engine mapping - tried to complete via hand controller without proper software - they called other tuners for help!!!!

Dyno testing to extreme without cooling equipment installed - not good as this overheats your engine internals

Check out the state of the garage and this should tell you alot about the quality and care re: engine rebuild disapline

I have just had to fork out £13K to put right the damage and rebuild the engine!!!

Guys be very very careful wot you have done. Think they are good at basic mechs - however I would never go to them for engine rebuild, mapping etc. They overclaim wot they can deliver. I do not want you guys going through this little lot - not pleasant. There are more competent tuners to go for!

Delighted to say my car has been in intesive care for 4 months and came back last week - now 700 bhp at the wheels and a dream. Took it to Shell Stanlow today - home of V-Power - the boys at Shell well impressed - however no free tank of petrol!

Cheers Jonty its the first "bad press" ive seen from these guys but i must admit i havent seen or heard of anybody going to them with that amount of work ...........glad you have your car sorted now

Cheers

Ian

how bizarre! i was literally about to put up a very similar thread! just picked mine up tonight after having the engine mounts replaced due to some vibration issues i've been having for a long while

fantastic friendly service and best of all they seem like good honest blokes, only charging me a couple of hours labour after saying it could take double that to start with

highly recommended from me too

I was admiring your motor whilst I was there earlier today. Looks well. Not seen it round the Blackpool area though.

Ignition packs faulty

Glad to hear you got it sorted Jonathan... looking forward to that ride:)

I was admiring your motor whilst I was there earlier today. Looks well. Not seen it round the Blackpool area though.

cheers Adz :) although it was absolutely filthy!! i'd purposely not bothered cleaning it whilst it was going back there & had dirty mechanic prints all over it from last time still! it'll get a good once over this weekend i think now that it's purring again

i live in st annes & it spends most of it's time in my garage or in the car park at work!

Jonty - sorry to hear of your experience with hyper - as Ian said, this is the first bad press i've heard about them & had a good experience myself but it was simple stuff i was having done - how were they with sorting/not sorting the situation out, assuming you went back to them with these problems?

Ignition packs faulty

Interesting comments there, thanks for the info.

On another note, wow, thats some garage you've got there!!!! slightly jealous is an understatement. :drool:

Guest HyperSports

I would just like to add my tuppence worth about this thread.

We never post on these forums, as we're really busy working away, and it's nice to see the comments from customers who are happy with their cars. Occassionally we may have a constructive criticism which we can act upon to improve our service. This is great, as it helps us to give what you guys want. What really pisses me off is when a customer is brainwashed by another "Tuner" who, in order to make themselves look good, criticise work done by another Tuner.

The bottom line is, if a problem occurs we are there to sort it out. We look after our customers and take on board what they say, and how we can improve our service. The list on this thread of jobs is just utter bullshit....

Before I start, can i remind you of the email we received from Jon a couple of days later, as can be seen on our notice board.

"Big Smile on way home!! - Thanks Chris, Paul and Stuart, and appreciate the work you've done on my Supra. Nearly 88 miles to half a tank so not too bad...."

1. Fuel system messed up / Injector Leaking

The fuel system is one we have used many times before and actually replicated from the one used by Titan Motorsports in the US for their 1500BHP cars. How do we exactly fit injectors wrong? There certainly wasn't any leaks, that is a fact.

2. Ignition Packs Faulty

Coil Packs can become faulty at any time, wouldn't you notice the car missing it's plums off when you picked it up, or when you drove it?

3. FP switch / Gauges senders damaged

If the gauge senders weren't working, there would be no boost reading, fuel pressure reading etc. I'm sure we would've noticed these things !!!

4. Engine Mapping

The car felt very good and even though it was mapped on the commander, the map was good and pulled strong with no flat spots. We certainly don't need to call any other tuners when it comes to Apexi PFC.

5. Overtighten W/G, D/V ingesting water.

The w/g was tightened to 80% of it's efficiency, when boosting to high boost levels this needs to be adjusted. How can we overtighten it ???? The d/v was fitted onto an Apexi Hard Pipe kit, which had the boss welded onto it from the factory. We merely fitted it in the hole. I guess the millions of dollars Apexi spend on R & D must be wrong ???

6. We could not fix our own Supra clutch problems.

Our Supra had a clutch problem 5 months ago, which we fixed and is on the dyno as we speak.

The only issue that we knew about was the idle was a hunting a little with electrical load on the engine, but due to time constraints we asked Jon to return in a few weeks so we could check over the car and recitify the hunting issue.

Mr Streeton is purely pissed off as a problem occurred unrelated to anyones doing, and is trying to justify it to himself, based upon some "cock and bull" fed to him by another tuner.

At the end of the day, the truth is with any Tuner, occassionally things happen, and all it would take is a phone call to say "this isn't quite right" and everything would be put right. We are not of the persuasion where we "take your money and run". Customer satisfaction is high on our list and un justified bad press like this is undeserved when people don't know the full story.

We are more than happy to sort out any issues with customers who are not quite happy with things, but when you guys only read one "inflated" half of the story then it gives us a bad impression.

Hopefully this has cleared things up, and we look forward to helping all the Supra owners in the near future.

Many thanks for reading this long winded reply...

Cheers Chris

Hi chris how have you been its adam ;) , i have had alot of work done by chris and stu and paul the engineer whos work is second to none, very very helpful make a nusance of myself all the time by ringing chris for help over the phone which has always been spot on,

1, As for the mapping of my car with the Greddy E-manage Chris was wicked best price and also set-up was perfect.

2, Had a problem a while back with the water pump going on my car killed the complete engine, Chris took the job on and paul the engineer was the best ever did a complete engine transplant had one problem with the exhaust gas valve as it was a newer engine put in, but Chris sorted it all for nothing which he did not have to do.

3, Set-up of my HKS EVC-5 full install and set-up no problems

4, the list goes on and not to forget how much i think of these guys i travel 60 miles there and 60 miles back just to know my cars in safe hands

Chris Stu Paultop blokes keep you the good work chris and stu and not to forget paul

I've started using Hyper Sports and Racing earlier this year to fit a Greddy titanium exhaust on my stock TT.A full service followed within months and I went BPU within weeks thereafter and not had a single problem since they first worked on my car.What can I say about these guys,I've not known them for long,but they certainly seem to know what they're doing.They are a very friendly and down to earth bunch of guys. As for being "good at basic mechs" anyone that has been on their website must have seen the specs of the cars they have worked on.Surely thats not all lies!In issue 17 of JTuner magazine there is also a Honda CRX that they worked on.Please don't take this wrong mate as I can understand how someone can feel if things go wrong with their car after its been worked on by someone else.As always though,there is always two sides to a story.I'm glad my experience with HyperSR has been great and have recommended them to others.;)

Ant