The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi! Any UK Supra TT For Sale?

SupraKid

Hello all you lovely Supra Owners!

I looking to buy a Supra Twin Turbo, all i know is its gotta be a UK model, as being only 19, its the only one i can get insured on!

Im finding it very hard to find a Uk Supra TT :(

Im looking for one with lowish miles upto 80k.

Ive got about 10k to spend, hopefully i dont have to use all of it!

Is there any things to look out for when going to see one?

I know its a high powered car so running costs will be pretty high. But are there any common things that tend to go wrong? and how much does it cost to fix? Im on my gap year from uni, so not on a brilliant wage!

Thanx!

lol,

I havnt had a lot of experience with rear wheel drive cars, but im a pretty sensible person, so im sure i'll be alright!

Ive owned a Mr2 roadster before, but powerwise thats nuthing compared to a supra!

Ive owned quite a few fastish cars aswell, got a Celica T Sport right now, had a Clio 172 before. I know these cars are nuthing compared to The beastly Supra but im sure i'd be ok.

Be aware that even though these cars are 'cheap' for what they are, the running costs have not really depreciated with them.

Tyres, fuel, servicing parts and repairs (in the unlikely event anything goes wrong) all cost a small (ok, large) fortune.

It is possible to run them on a budget, but the car will suffer.

Be aware that even though these cars are 'cheap' for what they are, the running costs have not really depreciated with them.

Tyres, fuel, servicing parts and repairs (in the unlikely event anything goes wrong) all cost a small (ok, large) fortune.

It is possible to run them on a budget, but the car will suffer.

^^^^^^^ in a nut shell ^^^^^^^ can't help but agree

I've had my UK TT6 for a year and a couple of months now, love it to bits. Costs wise, I've probably spent a bit over 3k on servicing plus some other bits and bobs I replaced including a HKS Ti Exhaust, decats, Defi boost gauge, new headlights, HIDs, discs and pads all round, 4 new tyres (they were new when I bought it). Just calculated how much I've spent on petrol - 20k miles @ my probably optimistic average of 17mpg = £5k! So no they're not cheap, and that's not including insurance, road tax, etc.

£10k should get you a decent example of a UK-spec auto with that sort of mileage although you might have to wait. For a manual you might be a little hard pushed... someone had one for sale on here recently at that price, seemed too good to be true and it was - turned out it was clocked.

Regards,

Francis

Make sure you do contact CJ if you are going to buy a red 6 speed with 75k!!!!

You going to have your waiting time cut out fella, i found the wait horrible. Who you insuring with? Elephant.

I have a UK single turbo for 10K....needs work though!

hi all - am also a newbie looking for a uk (just like the comforts of the interior really :) )

Anyway went to see a blue one in Brum not long ago showing 80k odd - absolute dog it was.... the search continues...

I have a J-spec GZ for sale that has cruise control and leather if you are interested. It is here

I have a J-spec GZ for sale that has cruise control and leather if you are interested. It is here

Thanks for the offer but its gotta be a UK for insurance (getting the wife on as a 2nd driver :blink: )

dont suppose you have any uk's on offer - black/silver or white in colour ideally - 8k max to spend upon selling my MR2 Turbo

Thanks for the offer but its gotta be a UK for insurance (getting the wife on as a 2nd driver :blink: )

dont suppose you have any uk's on offer - black/silver or white in colour ideally - 8k max to spend upon selling my MR2 Turbo

I havent at the moment sorry. I will keep my eyes open though. Obviously, for 8k you will be looking at an auto rather that a 6 speed.