The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake pads.

Shane

A brake upgrade is something I will do at some point, but I have spent a fair wedge of cash on the car this last month, exhaust, tryes, window mech etc. I was hoping to get a bit of use out of it before i had to cough up another load of cash.

Need to source some pads which I can stick in it for now. I see import pimp can get them but they aint so cheap at about £75 an axle.

I am sure if you are in the know the ones used on the j spec NAs are the same as another type of toyota. Wont be using the supra now until next weekend so I have a few days to source some.

You after new or part-worn? I have a set with a fair bit of meat on them still if you're interested?? :)

Thanks

Well I was after a new set as I have never considered using second hand pads before....but, in view of the fact I am struggling to find a set listed anywhere I may well be glad of them. I had the warning light come upo a few times tonight on my way back from Luton when I braked heavy and I think I heard what could be the start of some metal against metal by the time I got home. I shone a torch down at the pads on the outside of the caliper and what I could see there was about 4 or 5 mm left, but it was hard to see and who knows what the inside ones are like. Need to pull the wheels and look in daylight.

What do you want for them Chris and have you got back and front?

I only have the fronts (rears are still awaiting an up-grade) - I'll take some pics of the pads tomorrow evening and PM them to you - that way you can check how much meat's on them. Postage + a few beers will see me fine cheers mate :) :)

Great stuff, cheers Chris. Will check out my PM tomorrow eve.

I see import pimp can get them but they aint so cheap at about £75 an axle.

£75 a set is for the TRD pads, which are a lot better than the standard OEM pads.

I can supply the OEM pads a lot cheaper, but if you have the smaller brake set up, I would definitely recommend getting the best pads you can afford. Better pads and decent brake fluid will give a good improvement to the smaller brake set up.

£75 a set is for the TRD pads, which are a lot better than the standard OEM pads.

I can supply the OEM pads a lot cheaper, but if you have the smaller brake set up, I would definitely recommend getting the best pads you can afford. Better pads and decent brake fluid will give a good improvement to the smaller brake set up.

Thanks Nic, as a brake upgrade is on the cards anyhow at some point I didnt really want to spend as much for the interim period. So how much cheaper are the OEM pads? Just down to money really, spent more than I wanted to this month and now the brakes have gone a bit thin.

Cheers, Shane

I have a set of Axxis Ultimate Ceramic Jspec pads, front and back, unopened. (http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=779&SearchYN=N)

I thought I had the standard NA Jspec brakes but mine are actually the same as the TT.

I paid about 70 pounds for the set, you can have them for 40 pounds including postage from NZ if you want :p

I have a set of Axxis Ultimate Ceramic Jspec pads, front and back, unopened. (http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=779&SearchYN=N)

I thought I had the standard NA Jspec brakes but mine are actually the same as the TT.

I paid about 70 pounds for the set, you can have them for 40 pounds including postage from NZ if you want :p

Now that sounds like a deal!! Yep looking at the text it seems that they will fit mine as it clearly says N/A and I think I am right in saying all NAs are jspec. I have 16" wheels so I know mine are jspec disks. I can fit Chris's in the meantime to keep me going. Paypal ok?

I also need to start thinking about break pads ... although the disc is a little warn, so thought might be an opportunity to upgrade the breaks front and back. I have a Jap import. Can anyone recommend some larger breaks? Brembo?

I'd recommend a set of the larger 4pot/2pot Supra brakes, these are more than adequate for road use and are a fraction of the cost of the branded alternatives.

I have fronts in stock and can also supply the rears, see details here:

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=80288

If you do wanted to go the aftermarket route, I can also supply most brands at good deals.