The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mounting a camera

Wez

Hey All,

I tried my suction cup mount today while our for a spirited drive, held up really well and the video is nice and clear without hardly any movement.

Only prob i had was the cam was mounted on the windscreen and upside down, i think next time I will mount it on the rear window looking through the car as I missed alot of what was next to me etc :(

Other issue the video is upside down so need some DVD editing software to correct it now.

Anyone else mounted camera in the car and how did you get on?

:cool:

have you seen the latest j-tuner mag [page 66] advertizing-motorsport cameras!high quality bullet camera attaches to your car on tripod suction mount,streaming full motion video wirless to mpeg4 recorder,takes seconds to attach/remove .camera/wireless receiver £149.99,camera,tripod and mpeg4 recorder +memory card £299.99 seems like a nice bit of kit ,ideal for track days/meets etc

Hey All,

I tried my suction cup mount today while our for a spirited drive, held up really well and the video is nice and clear without hardly any movement.

Only prob i had was the cam was mounted on the windscreen and upside down, i think next time I will mount it on the rear window looking through the car as I missed alot of what was next to me etc :(

Other issue the video is upside down so need some DVD editing software to correct it now.

Anyone else mounted camera in the car and how did you get on?

:cool:

i made my own from a cut down floor tile lifter and made my own bracket and a rod that screwed in bottom of camcorder ( where there is a mount thread) so I can pan camera left to right,

worked ok and i filmed the Jap finale Toddington convoy from in car... came out great

Whole thing cost me a tenner,

working on V2 of it at the moment for the next convoy

basically i just sat and filmed it all from the passenger seat..:(

while the missus was busy thrashing my pride and joy :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

but there again i did get a blue peter badge as a kid ;) so making it was quite easy