The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how much was the n/a when new

steve0

anyone here know how much the n/a was when it came out the aerotops and the hardtops just being curious

Think they circa £30k , but it was never really official over here,

Remember back in 95 my mate paid £36k for a Celica GT4 with leather ( he was one of the first in UK to have one from Toyota) it was basically jap spec then and even had square number plates,

Funny he sold it 99 i think, and was behind it in a petrol station last week, the guy bought it from the dealer he px'd in to, anyway he got chatting to the guy who couldn't beleive he was talking to the previous owner, the car had now done 225000 miles!! and he had a new engine on order from Japan for it.. mad

The TT when he was going to buy one back in 96 but we got told they were stopping them was i think £38 may £39k

Any taxes or duty to go on those prices?

Exchange rate was around 180-194 during 2002, so at it's cheapest you could get an SZ for £15,200?! And a TT for £20K.

:looney:

These being prices if you bought in Japan i take it,

Example

RX8 in Japan is about 12k at the moment, where as £23k in the UK

i think it the na was 30k....and TT was about 40-45k ...thats why the supra didnt do to well for sales when it first came out..

Think your right there mate, The TT was in the Porsche price range i think not as high as £45k, But from memory i'm sure it was defo in the very high £30k's

TT was a very high price even back then, only thing that stopped my mate buying one was Toyota telling us they were stopping them here in the UK , that was back in 96, he was there ready to buy as well, don't know why that stopped him though.

These being prices if you bought in Japan i take it,
Well they never sold the NA new over here, so yeah, Japanese prices.

i think it the na was 30k....and TT was about 40-45k ...thats why the supra didnt do to well for sales when it first came out..
The NA wasn't sold here so you can't say a UK price. As Sean said, they were about £15k new in Japan

The UK spec was iirc a smidge over 42k when they stopped importing them in 96.

• 7 months later...
too much:tongue:

LOL - According the the Lax Flower mag on the Sup, the new Sup, that isn't the new Sup, but could be the Sup, and they could make that Sup, but it isn't named as the Sup yet, will go for about £40k... Felt a bit cheap to me...

• 2 weeks later...