The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Traction control On or Off

Guest Supra_Kid

Guest Supra_Kid

whats best guys ???? on or off

i dont really have the confidence to take it of unless im in a straight line , and i think i can notice quite a bit of a diffrence, what about the rest of you's

Guest Supra_Kid

ive been told it uses more petrol is this true lol, and say your doin drags how much time are you likley to loose, or points of a second:d i was allways under the impression that if u were to do drags having better traction off the line would be better,

Guest Supra_Kid
use the stock TC if you want to end up in a ditch or facing the wrong way at a T junction.

IMO -either turn it off and learn to drive the car or fork out for RLTC:)

yeah i think thats something ill defo have to think about how much fitted for this ??

I always have it off ;) Ever since I first bought the car, pull out of my road turning right the road was wet, the TC kick in and left the car with no power to pull out and i was in the middle of the road!!! So now I have RLTC which malfunctioned the other week and stall the engine whist driving down the road. So I’m defaulting to my old traction control system is my right foot :)

Mine's off, but i don't turn it off when i start up, it's off all the time unless i turn it on. Though it doesn't light on the dash, unless i lose traction in which case it tells me and/or cuts power if i had the traction control on.

I've heard that when drag racing it's actually bad to have the traction control on as you put a lot of stress through it?