The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tiger Seal - How the hell to get it out!

Matt H

I bought myself some tiger seal yesterday on recommendation to fit my new sills but came into a slight problem when i got home!! lol, i cant get the stuff out of the tube!

In a vain attempt to not sound dumb and have to post up help i tried for a good while yesterday trying to work out how in gods name you get the stuff out of the tube but it was no good :(

So, anyone know how this thing works! how does it come out!! :blink:

I thought you had to remove the metal plate on the bottom and it has beady stuff in it. Use a screwdriver to punch a hole in the bottom, remove the plate and then use it in a sealant gun. Double check though. I may be talking out of my arse! I have used it before.

o....m...... fucking........G

Just managed to get this crap out of the tube and stuff it on the skirts, after a bit it dawns on me, this crap isnt an adhesive, its that f*ckin water resistant sealent tar used for sticking around the plastic sheeting in your doors.... bloody hell, i cant believe someone on here actually recommened using this as a glue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont know whether to laugh or cry, it never goes off for one thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the worse thing is, it gets f*cking everywhere,

Some people are just so stupid!! why would you ever use this product for sticking something down.

Cant believe i got so far into the job before i realised what i had just done!

Gonna get some super glue like i originally intended now, before i thought there was a magical product out there called tiger shit.

tigerseal is great for fitting bodykits and sills:d just give it time to cure ;)

The new sills arent correctly shaped for the original sills i.e new sills are just sheet metal cut up and the original sills are moulded in a curve so unless your willing to sit there for hours on end pressing it down into a curve then its super glue all the way

umm, may lose the effect that way! :D

Nope, gona slide it off tommorrow (cos it wont be stuck down) and then use super glue. (after removing this tiger shit from my shoes, the patio and the carpet.........:badmood: :badmood:

good luck getting it off, it's a right bugger.:D

Spirit wipe, methes or if your careful 2K thinners,

if your fitting any kind of body kit and it doesn't fit right, then build up the kit with fibre glass and then trim it to fit the car, your wasting your time trying to bond it on if you have warped or ill fitting parts, Sikaflex 221 is one of the best for kit fitting, it won't shrink and it can be painted over.