The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help needed quick

rovervi

Hi

Is there anyone near Stoke-on-Trent who has any spare bulb holders to fit into standard jspec lights. I have taken my facelift lights out for refurb and putting none facelift lights in while i do them because my car is daily drive. The problem is the facelift holders dont fit in the older lights.

Really hope someone can sort me out. :(

If noone has any does anyone know where i can get some quick smart ;)

just checked again and the middle one definately wont fit in the older light one of the 3 notches is too small for the tab to fit in i will give halfrauds a try tomorrow

They are definitely the same, so if you got the bulbs out of your other lights they should go back in these. If you unscrew the collar you should be able to get the bulbs through and fitted.

They are definitely the same, so if you got the bulbs out of your other lights they should go back in these. If you unscrew the collar you should be able to get the bulbs through and fitted.

yeh it seems that it doesnt fit the old light very well because it didnt fit the new light very well some dosy tit has fitted something from a different car that doesnt actually fit properley.

So i still need one unfortunately, a trip down halfords tomorrow with odd lights lol

yeh it seems that it doesnt fit the old light very well because it didnt fit the new light very well some dosy tit has fitted something from a different car that doesnt actually fit properley.

So i still need one unfortunately, a trip down halfords tomorrow with odd lights lol

You won't find the correct bulbs in the UK, the correct bulb spec for the J-spec headlights is 9006J, these are not available there AFAIK.

9005 bulbs can be made to fit (you will need to trim the rib on the connection to the plug). Do the bulbs you have, have the bulb type printed on them?

You won't find the correct bulbs in the UK, the correct bulb spec for the J-spec headlights is 9006J, these are not available there AFAIK.

9005 bulbs can be made to fit (you will need to trim the rib on the connection to the plug). Do the bulbs you have, have the bulb type printed on them?

Nic are the 9005 bulbs not a different wattage to the 9006J, 65w as opposed to 55w?

Is this still ok to put 9005 in?

Nic are the 9005 bulbs not a different wattage to the 9006J, 65w as opposed to 55w?

Is this still ok to put 9005 in?

Yes they are, as they are meant to be used as high beam bulbs, they are the only option though. The normal 9006 bulbs will not fit, as they have a slightly wider diameter body.

This pic show the difference between the 9006J and the 9006 bulbs, as you can see the 9006J has a 20mm fitment the 9006 22mm.

If anyone wants some OEM 9006J and 9005J bulbs, I have a brand new set here.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/3071/bulbskr2.jpg