The mkiv Supra Owners Club

do i need to reset the ECU after decat installation?

cookci

yes def reset after a de-cat. Mine didn't run right until I did and then wow what a difference! it took a few runs after the reset before it was really running well. As mentioned, it's worth reseting after any changes to the engine operating conditions, so the ecu and relearn new settings from a fresh start

i dont suppose iridium plugs makes any different :) waiting for my bits and pieces to set up the cold air feed intake system anyhow and getting decat so I leave mind till then to reset :)

Stick with NGK's mate and bin em every 3000-5000 miles.....cheep as chips and do the job nicely

Some people I know have had the tips of the iridiums melt off which is not good!!

Dont bother with a cold air feed either, Toyota are clever chaps and the stock air box does just fine :)