The mkiv Supra Owners Club

has anyone else had this problem with this group buy?

Darragh

i orderd the 8000k xenons i got the kit of the group buy on here and it arrived realy quickly however one of the light ballast worked then blinked off (3 years warrenty)so i emailed the person and said about it he gave me instrutions to send it back now i did so 3 weeks ago and there still is no sign of it, they havent seen the package and wont say if they will send me a new one now im stuck with 3/4 of the kit just wondering what the hell will i do:sos:

heres the link to the goup buy

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=80849

cheers for any help yas can give me

[email protected]

this boyo here now i havent been cheecky ive just been kinda eager to get the lights on the car as i have had them for a month now and never seen them at night:( all the wires are still fitted to the car but disconnected as the ballast is missing, he keeps saying we will have a look we will have a look but surely if it hasnt arrived 3 weeks after i posted it then it aint gona arrive:( just wish he would send me a new one ffs

Darragh your problem could have been a faulty ballast or it could have just been a wiring problem.

Ballasts need a minimum voltage to fire up the HID bulb, if the voltage is too low, it will do what you said. A bad earth or old battery can cause this problem.

but surely if it hasnt arrived 3 weeks after i posted it then it aint gona arrive:( just wish he would send me a new one ffs

Hmm....so he hasnt received the faulty ballast that you sent him back.....do you have any proof of postage? special delivery or anything...? how does he know for sure that you have sent him the package?

if not, then why should he send you a replacement ballast?

Had exactly the same problem. He gave me an address in China to send the ballast back to. Its only been 10 days for me yet so i'm going to give him a bit more time, then give them a huge round of F***s until i get a replacement.

Must admit, i thought it was a bit iffy, he's supposed to be uk based

i elliminated the problem to one of the ballast as i wired it all different ways and everything works bar the faulty ballast which doesnt want to fire up trust me i tried everything before i sent it back and as said above he gave me a address in china so i followed the instructions and sent it i still have the receipt from the post office as it cost me 6 quid, im not bad mouthing him am just asking has anyone else had the same trouble as now im left with 3/4 of a kit and i dont want to be pissing him off by threatening him as thatll get me no were lol

what should i do?

cheers for the advice so far:)

im gona email him again on monday as itll be the start of the weeki have a funny feeling the post office have lost it and its gona lead me into haveing a head ache why cant things just be simple

How did you send it, airmail or sea post, if it went by sea post then it can take weeks to arrives. Do you not have a tracking number you can check?

it went by airmail i think the girl at the post office gave me a receipt im gona go to the post office now and ask if they ever sent it itll probly get me nowere:( we have my address on the box and the mans address in china so if it didnt get posted it should have been sent back to me its starting to annoy me now:badmood: :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Pete, if you read this, any chance you could get in touch with the guy and tell him his customer service sucks

Only just seen this.

I wasn't too happy after it transpired the guy wasn't in the UK as I'd been told after all, but the first batch of goods seemed to come through quick and working ok.

I was in the same boat as the rest of you and took the same risk (more so as I ordered and paid on behalf of some members).

I'll email him and see what he's playing at, but if he's not replying to you guys I don't see how it's going to make much difference.

I'm very sorry it's turning out bad for a few of you.

The only prob I've had with these, is getting the sodding headlamp aim sorted out. It's been a right royal pain in the ass. Got the left one sorted (eventually) after it was pointing into the nearside tree tops and the right one was pointing down into the nearside ditch. Nearly there now tho!

well the part i sent never arrived thanks to the smelly post office so ive to make a complaint to them so i emailed him back and he said i would have to buy a new ballast :( but he said he will pay the postage so i asked the price and he said $25 which is £13:d he had it to me the next day so he is back in my good books:cool: and the lights look cool as feck;)

Glad to hear it mate. :thumbs:

i no tell me about it, now everyone thinks im the police lol i pulled into a dark car park last nite in bangor (fast car mag shoot) and everyone stopped what they were doing thinking i was the 5-0 lol the looks on there faces when i past them :D