The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of getting RLTC!

Rayman

This has been on my wish list for a while before i got my car and then once i got the car wasnt sure whether i would bother or not. But now once again its back on my list of priority purchases.

Ive been nowhere near needing it yet but am thinking its probably a safe bet as its a fine line between grip and slip.

I was just gonna go for the basic system, im auto so launch not needed and am not too bothered about the leccy display you can have with them.

Is the RLTC a pretty reliable unit? Whats all this business lately with files etc, i seen an urgent thread knocking about, has there been problems with it or the wrong files used etc?

It needs to be reliable else there's no point shelling out for it.

Has yours been reliable?

Can it be fitted to a supe with a turbo timer and alarm without any problems? There's no extra difficulty with fitting it when other electrical items are already on your car?

Any answers/comments more than welcome!:D

Mine has been 100% reliable so far. A doddle to set up and I highly recommend it. Its transformed my car, even just at bpu I found I really needed it!

The issue with the files was just with some obscure 'smoothing' value being set when it probably should not, with it set the reading rltc gets might not be as good as it could be - this is just a configuration thing, not a hardware unreliability.

don't disregard the digi adjuster, it's really nice and allows you to tweak the settings without getting the laptop out all the time... It gives nice visual feedback of what the unit is doing too, like a graph of the cuts it is making to keep traction, I like that display a lot.

there are no issues with rltc and anything else, turbo timers included!

don't disregard the digi adjuster, it's really nice and allows you to tweak the settings without getting the laptop out

What sort of settings? Is that something you'd think i would need then, bear in mind i will be having it fitted, rather than doing it myself.

What sort of settings? Is that something you'd think i would need then, bear in mind i will be having it fitted, rather than doing it myself.

well along with the obvious slip % level it allows control over the launch control (the rev limits etc).

It allows control over the main configuration settings such as the minimum slip speed, and various other settings that control the agressiveness of the traction control system. The things that allow you to fine tune it to your driving style, car and conditions.

you don't need to adjust them all the time, but it can be handy

and as I said, it's really nice to have visual indication of what the unit is up to. Bit like how nice it is to have a speedo and a boost guage... they all help to let you know what is going on

well along with the obvious slip % level it allows control over the launch control (the rev limits etc).

It allows control over the main configuration settings such as the minimum slip speed, and various other settings that control the agressiveness of the traction control system. The things that allow you to fine tune it to your driving style, car and conditions.

you don't need to adjust them all the time, but it can be handy

and as I said, it's really nice to have visual indication of what the unit is up to. Bit like how nice it is to have a speedo and a boost guage... they all help to let you know what is going on

Argh right i see, sounds good, will look into getting the digi adjuster then.

I installed mine no problems, install the config file and set up the abs channels etc. All was fine for a time, but unfortunately it decided to stop working well more fundamentally it stall the car whilst driving down the road! And now the car won’t start when it’s connected. So I’m the process of sorting it out! I'm sure its 1 in a 1000 but it’s not funny when you’re that one.