The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New guy here.

D-Bone

Hey guys.

Well, I didn't think I would be able to do it but I managed to pick up a twin turbo supra.

I signed up with this name when I doubted it would happen and so I just gave myself a crappy name. Is there any way of changing it? I would just make a new account put I paid the 10 quid so I figured it would be worth seeing if I could get this one changed.

I moved over to the UK from Canada last year and I tell yea, I'm gonna be a little nervious driving a car with almost 100hp more then my Mustang, and on the wrong side of the road to boot. Think I might sign up for a driving lesson next week, just to make sure I know all the UK rules.

Welcome, Pm one of the mods to change your name, it will be a bit daunting at first driving on the wrong side of the road but you will soon get used, just take it easy for a while!

Is it auto, or do you have to shift too as that can be weird too if your used to LHD?

Should have some pix for you guys tomorrow. It's a stock auto UK twin turbo. Not nearly as fancy as a lot of the cars on the site but I doubt anyone would even conisder giving me insurence if it was. :D

Since I couldn't prove I took my driving test on a manual, (they dont care what you take your test on in B.C.) they gave me a UK-Auto only licence.

I've noticed a lot of shit-mobiles on the roads here, but also a lot of really nice cars you dont get in North America. Also, second hand cars are WAY cheaper over here, which is awesome.

I moved over here for a few reasons really. My dad grew up here, and I thought it would be cool to spend a few years over here just to see what it's like. Also, it's a great base to visit the rest of europe from. I can't wait to do a road trip.

It's also a lot easier to get a good paying entry level IT job here then it is in Vancouver. I really doubt I could get a job right out of Uni in Vancouver that would allow me to buy a supra after 6 months :)

One thing I really need to get is a new set of rims. It has stock rims on it, and they are in rough rough shape.