The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My windows leak!

Babe

Both my door windows are leaking...

Have put up with just the passenger window leaking for a while coz it wasn't me getting wet and it only used to happen when the car got washed.

Now both windows are leaking even if its rains... getting fed up with polishing the doors every day.

So where do I go to get em fixed? In the North West (St Helens/Wigan) or Hertfordshire (Hitchin).

Any ideas?

Is it because the motors in the doors are fubared or the seals have gone on the windows?

The windows work fine... just me and my sprog keep getting wet.

When I get in the car in the morning there's dribbles of water down the insides of the doors!

Have you checked the window seals when the door is closed, have they perished or are they ripped?

They look alright to me... but hey, I'm blonde so what do I know!

Just packing car up for the Friday night fight with the M6/M1 traffic - will check thread again tonight when I get to Hitchin.

They look alright to me... but hey, I'm blonde so what do I know!

Just packing car up for the Friday night fight with the M6/M1 traffic - will check thread again tonight when I get to Hitchin.

Nothing wrong with being blonde, I'm not blond but I am old :). Sounds like your not getting a proper seal when the door is closed.

Ah - you now have that true sports car feel!

That's the problem with Jap stuff, it's just too well put together and doesn't give you the same authentic sports car feel. (cold, windows that don't demist, squeeks, rattles, lumpy, mandatory road side assistance cover, etc)

Vaseline.

No really, put it round the edge of the glass, wipe the rubber seal clean, then shut the door to transfer vaseline to the seal.

Where there is a gap in the marks, that's where your leaks are.

If you have no vaseline, you can use butter or marg. (That advice is universal, btw.)

And / or adjusting inwards a bit at the top....theres a plastic adjuster and bolt at the bottom of the window mechanism

How do I do this... or rather, where do I go to get a man to do this for me LOL.

Think this is most likely to be the problem as the passenger window did stop leaking for a week or so, but it came back when madam opened the window again... and no I can't stop her opening the window coz she gets car sick!

How do I do this... or rather, where do I go to get a man to do this for me LOL.

Think this is most likely to be the problem as the passenger window did stop leaking for a week or so, but it came back when madam opened the window again... and no I can't stop her opening the window coz she gets car sick!

Hi Babe, it may be worth trying this before buying new seals, you never know. I dont know where you can get a man, maybe WSB2 can help you there:) Basically, door cards off, then adjusting one bolt at the bottom of the window carriage assembly to move the top of the window inwards toward the seal or outwards away from the seal. Maybe a member near you will volunteer his manliness. If you catch one, ask him to check if the window has 'dropped' slightly as well.

Guest GirlRacer!
If you have no vaseline, you can use butter or marg. (That advice is universal, btw.)

This place is great - I'm learning so much!!! Thanks guys! :D LOL!