The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SB Chevy V8 engine

Chris Wilson

It's cheap at 15 K, you still need an ecu and loom, but to build that engine, new, would be well over 22K. I bet some on here have spent double that over the years on their Supras. Some of the Skyline guys must be into 100K by now! I hate to think how much I have spent on cars over the years, I am now at an age when I wonder about these things and come out in a cold sweat :) Still, it's kept me out of too much mischief I suppose.

My sense of adventure and the lovely noise that I am sure it would make would still not get over the fact that it would cost a small fortune to get that into a Supra and working to it's full potential. I suspect it would take at least another £15k on top of the asking price to get close to achieving that. ;)

If your filthy rich then sure, why not. :)

Believe it or not its actually not that expensive if you have a good place to fabricate .

Not that expensive to who, you as a trader or me as an end customer ?

You are only talking about one aspect of the installation. what about the labor charges. Tuning costs. ECU, loom and other parts that will be needed. A whole host of unknowns that will pop up when doing an project such as this that has never been done before. Which to me equates to a very large bill and very long install time.

I am talking about not getting my hands dirty and leaving the installation and set-up to the experts as I would not want to take chances with a 15k engine.

It looks good on paper and sounds like it would be nice but in practice it would be a major headache to someone who does have a budget in mind.