The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheels.....

Suprash

I have a set of RH CR's, and bought them a couple of months before they released the CR-X's I think it was, the ones with the black spokes and chromed lip. Now with not wanting to again shell out for brand new wheels, or the same albeit with black spokes, could I get my spokes sprayed black ?

Is there any wheel companys that do this ?

Im sure I remember other people getting alloy wheels sprayed in a different colour like gun metal or something....??

Sounds like it, the amount that seem to corrode badly within the first year of use is insane.

But then to be fair the RH wheels that I have seen that have always corroded the owners dont wash them regulary ;) I wash mine about once every week to two, and the polish bit comes up clean each time, apart from the small black spots, god knows what it is, dunno if its tar or what, but always appears after a few weeks and I just use a bit of something stronger then soapy water...... ;)

But then to be fair the RH wheels that I have seen that have always corroded the owners dont wash them regulary ;) I wash mine about once every week to two, and the polish bit comes up clean each time, apart from the small black spots, god knows what it is, dunno if its tar or what, but always appears after a few weeks and I just use a bit of something stronger then soapy water...... ;)

Wondered what them black bits were too. Have you tried polishing/waxing them? I done mine the other week and Mr and Mrs black spots went!