The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling my car

Jake

Reluctantly, I'm thinking of selling my W-reg (year 2000) VVTi, 6sp manual, single turbo, Supra.

My Mrs won't get in it if I'm driving (:blush:) and she can't drive it herself because of the uprated clutch. Which means we go everywhere in her car. So, I need another, more sensible car for day to day use.

I'm not sure how much to sell it for. So your opinions would be appreciated.

Full spec can be seen here.

It's done 55,000 miles by the way, I don't think it mentions the mileage in my vBgarage

I'm not in a rush to sell. In fact I'm not sure I can bring myself to part with it but I think it would be for the best. At the moment the car hardly gets used and it seems a waste.

Anyway, what do you reckon I should price it at?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, what do you reckon I should price it at?

£8k, Sold to me, thank you. Thread closed. :D

Seriously Jake, this is the ultimate Supra, why the heck are you selling so soon after getting it? A useless clutch can be replaced with something more suitable (Most OS Giken are close to stock), thats not a problem surely?

What could posibly replace it...

£8k, Sold to me, thank you. Thread closed. :D
:D
Seriously Jake, this is the ultimate Supra, why the heck are you selling so soon after getting it? A useless clutch can be replaced with something more suitable (Most OS Giken are close to stock), thats not a problem surely?

What could posibly replace it...

Dunno that it's the ultimate Supra but it's my ultimate one. I love the colour, the mods and the single turbo power. I don't love the £1000+ insurance, the fact I'm scared to park it anywhere or that my mrs won't get in the damn thing.

Don't do it. You will regret it. you'll never get a car like that again. So what if you only use it every so often? Then you will enjoy it all the more when you do get to have a go. If you don't NEED the money, then don't sell.
Yeah but if I sell it that's £x more I can put towards a car that I will drive everyday. I still have two other Supras so it's not like I'm leaving the fold altogether.

It's been nagging at me for a while now (the thought of selling, not my Mrs) but like you say, I'll probably regret it once she's gone. Dunno :shrug:

take mine in P/X. dare ya!?
Maybe mate, what is it? No offense intended to anyone but I'm not really interested in NAs, UKs or Aerotops.

This wasn't supposed to be a For Sale thread just a "What's she worth?" kinda thing

94 j-spec TT :) just what your looking for ;)

Black, eibach springs, 19" Kahn RS-C splitrims, TRE fuel pump. Pretty stock engine wise (double de-cat/FCD waiting to go on)

Bomex front, OEM skirts and spats, Blitz NUR-spec

109000 KM

check out my garage...although the pics in there are rubbish quality :(

Not really sure what yours is worth so I'll keep an eye on this thread. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! It's a shame your missus doesn't enjoy the ride, is this because you turn into an evil street drifter when you get behind the wheel? lol

Problem is mate its such a rare car and spec that its impossible to price.

GT Cars and the like are flogging 93-96 singles for £16-18k continually, even with a pretty shitty spec. Yours is one of a handful (litterally) of 2000+ cars in the UK and has a proper single install unlike most of the crap on the trader and import sites. If you can find the right buyer I wouldn't expect a penny less than £16k for it. It'd be up for £25k on any import site.

Jake, what you mean you still got two others ?? What the hell are you doing, collecting them ? Take it you still have your bronze one, if that was the colour lol :innocent:

Why wont she get in it when your driving ? ie, do you drive like a loon on full boost everywhere, or is just cause she knows its a fast car, but doesnt realise it will only go as fast as you drive it.

Would she get it in if it was stock ?

I sort of know what you mean about the other half not wanting to ride in it, my current GF has a real phobia about being a passenger in cars due to 4 bad car accidents, but as I said to her if she has a phobia about being a passenger then she should see someone about it. And as soon as we go round a roundabout slightly faster then usual she is under the impression the car is just going to break away and slip off the side of the planet and she starts climbing the inside of the car. We have had a few stressed out moments where I have said to her dont even mention another word or Im gonna loose it as Im not even driving it like a c*nt, but she doesnt understand grip levels etc....

But I reckon 18-20k easily...........

If you can find the right buyer I wouldn't expect a penny less than £16k for it.
It owes me a quite lot more than that! I think Wayne's black 6sp single went for about 15k, didn't it? and that was quite a lot older than mine. It was a great looking car but I think mine is probably a better spec (motec, edfc, PHR kit, etc). iDunno really, just thinking out loud.

why not sell the other 2 then and put that cash towards an every day drive about and keep the this one.
One of them isn't worth fuck all (93, auto, high-ish miles, dodgy respray) and the other is possibly already sold to a certain ovine-oriented trader of this very site.

Jake, what you mean you still got two others ?? What the hell are you doing, collecting them ?

You've been away a while haven't you mate! :) Yeah I have 3 Supras. The Grey/brown/bronze/MSB one you saw the back of a lot in Holland ;), a white 1998 VVTi Tiptronic and a RSP/blue single turbo one.

Why wont she get in it when your driving ? ie, do you drive like a loon on full boost everywhere, or is just cause she knows its a fast car, but doesnt realise it will only go as fast as you drive it.
I made the mistake of telling her it's twice the power of my other BPU Supe. She's also been told about it by my mate and her Dad (my mrs Dad not my mate's) after "spirited" test drives in it.

Would she get it in if it was stock ?
Yeah but only if she had to. She doesn't like my driving, I don't like her's. I drive too fast for her, she drives too slow for me. It's the only thing we ever argue about. She's great in every other way but nervous of my driving since we nearly went sideways into a lamp-post when I totally lost the rear end coming off a roundabout in the wet ages ago.

I made the mistake of telling her it's twice the power of my other BPU Supe. She's also been told about it by my mate and her Dad (my mrs Dad not my mate's) after "spirited" test drives in it.

Yeah but only if she had to. She doesn't like my driving, I don't like her's. I drive too fast for her, she drives too slow for me. It's the only thing we ever argue about. She's great in every other way but nervous of my driving since we nearly went sideways into a lamp-post when I totally lost the rear end coming off a roundabout in the wet ages ago.

So its mainly because she knows its a powerfull car and you drive fairly quick. What if you drive it sensibly like a 2.0 Mondeo, would she not get in more then.....?

Its like before when I have tried to get family to take my car somewhere, I always get "I ant driving that thing, its too fast".......hello, it will only go as fast as you drive it, it can sit there and pootle along behind a fiesta if you want to, some of us just choose not to :D

So its mainly because she knows its a powerfull car and you drive fairly quick. What if you drive it sensibly like a 2.0 Mondeo, would she not get in more then.....?

I dunno mate, maybe, probably. She prefers her driving to mine and I can't be doing with fighting about it. :shrug:

Anyway, we're getting away from the point of this thread, which was "How much should I let my car go for if I decide to sell it?"

Jake, please don't take offence at this, but it sounds like you two need to resolve this driving & passenger issue pdq- are you going to resign yourself to never having a nice car again? Imo you should sell the bronze one to fund a spunker to use as the family car.

For what it's worth me and the missus only ever argue about eachothers driving too (I'm too fast/she's shit in traffic).

I dunno mate, maybe, probably. She prefers her driving to mine and I can't be doing with fighting about it. :shrug:

Anyway, we're getting away from the point of this thread, which was "How much should I let my car go for if I decide to sell it?"

Yeah sorry, I get carried away with being stuck in here all night with hours to spare.......:D

Reluctantly, I'm thinking of selling my W-reg (year 2000) VVTi, 6sp manual, single turbo, Supra.

My Mrs won't get in it if I'm driving (:blush:) and she can't drive it herself because of the uprated clutch.

I'm not in a rush to sell. In fact I'm not sure I can bring myself to part with it but I think it would be for the best.

Jake mate,

Keep the car and get rid of the missus.

If you did get rid of the missus then how much would you want for her? Has she got service history and have you regularly serviced her with fresh oil and lubes to keep the internal mechanism working properly. What’s her bodywork like and has it been touched-up, or is it mint and original. Send some pics and I’ll consider. Don’t think she’ll be worth nearly as much as what you want for your car though mate.