The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help buying a UK Grill

J33LUS

Hi guys,

I need to get the grill which fits in the front of my uk bumper. The problem is I cant find one anywhere and the local dealers cant order me one as they say my chassis number cant be found.

Can anyone:

1. let me know thier UK SPEC TT Manual chassis no (:search: )

2. Anyone who who lives close enought to me (stratford) get one for me and i will pay them.

I am running out of idea on how to get one?

Help???

Guys thanks for the amazing response. My internet has been down for a few days! :(

The grill I speak of goes underneath the front number plate but above lower front splitter.

Are you sure the supra didnt come with a front grill as there is just an empty hole there???

Gazzahsi, I think that is the grill I need. Dont think much of the mesh type (sorry).

Where can I buy it from?

My dealer is being a pain!!!

As Gazza says the facelift cars had a grill in the bumper which you can buy sperately if you want, they come pre painted.

THATS THE ONE!

The problem I am having is the main dealer said he couldnt order me one using my chassis number. How much did you pay for it and how can I get one as the dealer siad I need another chasiis number from a UK TT in order to buy one?

THATS THE ONE!

The problem I am having is the main dealer said he couldnt order me one using my chassis number. How much did you pay for it and how can I get one as the dealer siad I need another chasiis number from a UK TT in order to buy one?

Think it was about £30 in total - came ready painted too:)

The reason why they can't order it off your VIN number, is probably because the part was only fitted on the later model (96+) Supras.

Here is the EPC diagram and part numbers, the part comes pre-painted so you will need to get your paint code from the VIN plate (although if yours is an early model Supra it may not be included). I have also included the part number for the bolts, it is the one at the bottom of the last page.

If you need a source for the part I should be able to supply cheaper than the UK T dealer prices, although I would need to order from Japan which would take a few weeks. Just give me a shout if I can be of help.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3597/picture1ni1.png

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/8408/picture2hy4.png

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/7018/picture3sd8.png

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/4931/picture4nt8.png

LOL @ Nic :) I don't have the patience to wait mate - I even fitted it in the dealers car park rather than waiting to get home LOL. I'm the sort of guy you see go into a shoe shop and walk out (having paid) with a new pair of trainers on my feet and my old ones in a box :)

LOL @ Nic :) I don't have the patience to wait mate - I even fitted it in the dealers car park rather than waiting to get home LOL. I'm the sort of guy you see go into a shoe shop and walk out (having paid) with a new pair of trainers on my feet and my old ones in a box :)

:p not aimed at you Chris, I don't mind helping out members if I can.

It's the muppets at Toyota who can't find a part without a VIN number :rolleyes: