The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your Thoughts!!!

TT-DEK

Heading down the M61 earlier today, and spotted a silver unmarked RangeRover on hard shoulder with flashing blue lights in rear screen. They had pulled a Fiesta?.

Personaly i think this is wrong. They should be marked up as POLICE, and not as a normal road user. Any views on this???;)

Had a little chuckle last night on the way home. Was about midnight, pissing it down and driving down the motorway, see the tell-tale flashing lights ahead so slow down to 70. Slow right down to have a look at which sucker they have pulled over this time only to find that both ocifers are crouched by the rear wheel jacking it up. Must have had a flat. Made me laugh anyway.

I reckon they should all be marked, infact keep sticking up speed cameras and reducing the amount of traffic cops, at least we know where amd what to look out for then, leave us alone to break the law :D

I got pulled on the M27 about 2 weeks ago by a black unmarked Skoda Octiva thing, 96 over a mile and a half. Has to go to court because I have lost my drivers licence card thing and cause I cant surrender it they summons me to court, so no fixed penalty of £60 and 3 points, which I would have been more then happy with ;)

Anyone know how long they have to summons me ??

TBH i think your having a laugh. Ofcourse none of us like unmarked cars. It doesnt seem like fair game, however the law is the law. So times it pisses me off, but at the end of the day its simple. If you dont break the speed limit (law) then unmarked cars wont bother you! Simple!

In my own experience I’ve been pulled over a lot! And mean a lot to point were i keep photocopies of my document etc. Not that I have ever been doing anything wrong! (well not at the time :) I have a great respect for police as both my uncles are in force and i don’t think it’s an easy job so I’m always polite and that seems to make things go a bit smoother.

But i was talking to one officer about unmark cars etc and he had quite an interesting view which was that he felt pulling over one person on a stretch of road impacts to that person and maybe a few people that they tell, but if there are marked cars and officer on bridges and parked up the side of the motorways that this has a bigger impact as it show a active police presents which impacts on more people which was the case on the M61 a few years ago when i was commuting into Manchester and it did seem to keep peoples speed down a bit.

my philosphy is slow down if you think it could be an undercover car, drive past and look in. They have to be in full uniform to legally be able to pull you over so if no one inside is in piggy clothing then off you go!

Rules of engagement:

1) The car has to be a new one, they dont use old cars as undercover vehicles

2) All land rovers discoverys are suspects and BMW X5's, there the vehicles of choice

3) Cars that are prdouced out of europe dont generally get used as there is some sort of tendedcy to stick with keeping the money inside europe

4) Private plate?! if so then it aint a bacon wagon

5) they use saloons too such as vectras, octavia's and mercs with large engine capacitys, smaller cars dont get a look in (remeber that thye tend to only be 4 years old max) they are on lease you see

6) Most of the cars tend to be debadged too for some reason, like the vectras have no vectra or 3.2l on the back.

7) blacks, silvers and light gold colours tend to be the colour options

8) if in doubt slown down and look in.

9) i presume most of the monitoring equipment is at the front in the grills as thats were the camera is so maybe only speed is caught when they go past unlike marked cars which blatantly show there guns on top of the vehicles

There was an old N reg cavalier booting it down the dual carriage way with the blues behind the radiator the other morning.

Common guys, it's not really cricket!

Yeah but thats probably not a cop car its just some chav with blue flashing lights, ive seen it before with pricks imatating (carnt spell that word and carnt be arsed spell checking, so ill just write out a big explanation of why its spelt wrong instead which will have taken me longer that it would to just spell check it)

Yeah

One I seen last Sunday that suprised me was a spanking white previous shape Astra surrounded by bikers with one inside having a little conversation. 3 biggish aerials on the roof and the copper outfit was the only telltale I could see.

These dark nights, you don't know who's following you so I prefer to take it easy and let them pass me so I can check them out.

Im all aware of being on the lookout for unmarked cars, but this particular time is was dark and he was following me, at least half a mile back or so, so as for seeing uniforms or ariels this was a no go. I had a boot full of stuff, so couldnt even see out the rear view mirror and it wasnt until I double checked my side mirrors, I was like "hang on that car is tonning it with me", at which point I eased straight down to 70 and pulled into the middle lane. He wasnt antisipating me slowling down and consequently pulled up along side me in the fast lane, at which pont I saw to penguins sat in the front and immediatly gave a "ahhh fuck, its old bill". They again dropped right back and waited a good 10mins before they put their lights on and pulled me. They had followed me from Eastleigh Airport which is where the M3 joins the M27 and eventually pulled me over just before Jct 13. So they were basically waiting for me to hang myself, even after I slowed to 70, cause they took so long to pull me that I even thought at one point they werent going to.

As for intrapment, I can see why people say that, as to a degree they are being deceitfull, but I suppose we just have to be lucky that we dont allow entrapment like the US does, otherwise they could blatenly bait you and then have you.......

And for people that say if you break the law and you get caught then you deserve what you get, yeah maybe, but Im not a law breaker, I dont sell crack, I pay my taxes, I look after my possesions and work hard, I just happend to like fast cars and enjoy speed. I dont speed at stupid times of the day, but like when I pop home for lunch while on nights at 04:00 in the morning and the roads are quiet I will ton it + down the dual carriageway. If on a motorway pre midnight then I wont go above a ton, but when its empty thats a different story....

Doug, PM'd back... ;)