The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are the stock rear speakers "Bose"?

Getrag

Yeah, they must be aftermarket.

Got them connected up fine (dont you just love universal connecters!) but the old holes dont match up anywhere near the new ones. So got to borrow a drill to make some new ones. Nearly there....

Plus fronts should arrive tomorrow and new tunes by the weekend! :)

Yeah, they must be aftermarket.

Got them connected up fine (dont you just love universal connecters!) but the old holes dont match up anywhere near the new ones. So got to borrow a drill to make some new ones. Nearly there....

Plus fronts should arrive tomorrow and new tunes by the weekend! :)

Cool, the holes on my rears didn't match either, you could only see around half of the screw hole when the speaker was held in place. I cut the outer part of the holes on the speaker off so they would fit, worked a treat.

I am going to be doing my fronts tonight, but they are meant to be much easier

is there a point in changing the rear speakers? I was always told sound staging in the front was far more important and people tend to switch their rears OFF.

if mine weren't knackered i wouldn't have changed them, not sure about switching the rears off as they provide the base?

What's interesting is they are exactly the same size and shape as the ones put into Bose speakers (the big nightclub ones). I reckon they could be a cheap OEM version they make. I toyed with the idea of getting replacement Bose units when mine died.

• 4 years later...

I love searching on this forum for answers to questions I have and finding they have already been discussed already, and in this case, on the car I've actually bought!

Still got the Bose labled speakers in the back.

I'll have to test that they are working still and may replace them if they are not sounding good.

IMG_0091.jpg