The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Someone keeps nicking my tyre valve caps

hogmaw

I have gone through loads recently, it must be kids or something. Now my shiny new silver ones are gone. :( I'm worried in case the stupid kids are deflating my tyres as well. Anyway life must be good if that's all I have to worry about. Is there such thing as theft proof ones?

if its silver ones itl be kids i had them on one of old cars didnt even last an hour before someone nicked them better off sticking to plain old black its mostly kids under 10 i might add that nick them for there bikes or collection ive even had an kids ask me if they could nick mine cheeky sods

Put dog shit on them :D

I can sell you about 50Kgs of it if you want.

What's wrong with plastic ones anyway? I bet you're one of those guys that polish their exhaust too ;) :D

You mean I have to PAY for your shit?!:think:

I did have plastic ones but the silver ones came with the new wheels - within a few days they were gone! And yes, I DO polish my exhaust :p

I have gone through loads recently, it must be kids or something. Now my shiny new silver ones are gone. :( I'm worried in case the stupid kids are deflating my tyres as well. Anyway life must be good if that's all I have to worry about. Is there such thing as theft proof ones?

some little shits round our way were letting down tyres, i had plastic ones painted with touch up pen on our Mazda 6 one went missing, , must have run off when someone went passed to tyre was not let down, but i wen and got some Richbrooks anti theft ones, you have what looks like a golf tee to unscrew them, as the whole jacket spins, i take them off now and again and put a little drop of 3 in 1 oil on top so jacket spins round easliy (avoiding seal inside),then a little rub on all outside to keep weather off, have balck ones on KA and blue one one Mazda

anti theft ones are ok but have had trouble in the past where if there done up to tight and if the toe rags try to get them off they can bugger your valves. i would just stick to plastic ones then put good ones on for shows etc :)

:yeahthat:

Some actually come tooled up with pliers etc so end up damaging wheels or valves trying to pry them off.

Weirdly i had some Mitsubishi ones on my FTO that didn't get touched (at least at home) for 2 years. The plain but metal ones off the Supra went in 2 weeks. Now only have one left.

m.

It's funny you know, I've had shiny TRD valve caps for a good 6 months now and all are still there. I had plain silver ones before for a previous 6 months or so and the same. Never had any stolen before *spoken while touching a big piece of wood*. Guess it depends on the area you live in eh ;)