The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero Top Convertion

kornboy119

Please, please.... don't considering doing it..

When I stripped my Aerotop to do the engine swap, you can visibily see SOME of the strengthing.. god knows how much more there is on the side on the seams.

If you really want to see how much flex there is in an aerotop, get one without strut bars, and drive it over a wobbly road, and you can feel it flex.... and that is with the aerotop strengthing...

I wouldn't even want to hazard a guess as to how much a normal hardtop without a roof would flex or if it would even handle an impact. My guess it would fold up.

Hmmmn... It's very dif to tell with such a low res image... the edges of the roof are more pixelated than the rest of the car but the shadowing matches... How does the roof go up???

I'd love to see an original photo :)

Im pretty sure its real, these are the only other pics ive got of it

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/4527/cabrio2hu2.png

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3628/cabrio3zn7.png

I know this might be a stupid question, but her goes....

Does anyone know if it is possible to converte a normal Supra into an Aero top. I mean cutting the roof and then convert it

Cheers

I would be very expensive. If i was to do it i would got for the full soft top roof instead of just doing the aero as it seems a bit pointles for the expense only haveing a little bit of a roof removed!

If you have the money then go for it. Would like to see the results!

That complete conversion to soft top would be undrivable.

Wouldn't bet on that, Pete.

The Aerotop would have more strength than the full convertible from the basket-handle part of the roof, but looking at that convertible, they may have replaced this strengthening by removing the rear seats and turning it into a 2-seater. Who knows what strengthening they have put in where the rear seats were?

Hmm I get where you are coming from my man. I would not own a supra if its rooof doesn,t come off. I had an N/A aerotop which lost its appeal when I met the TT brigade on this club. I then bought a kick ass TT aerotop with 474 BHP. That was a terrific machine. I only sold it for family reasons. So I know where you are coming from on the roof off perspective. There is no way I would have bought a supra if it wasn't for the aerotop option (I'd have gone RX7 truth be known). I have since purchased a manual NA hardtop supra and thjat re-enforced my mind that the only reason I bought a supra was the aerotop as I hate the car with a passion. I recently bought a tuned mk3 1jz TT aerotop and that car has more oomph than my na but less than my mk4 tt but as a £2k car is worth its weight in gold.