The mkiv Supra Owners Club

any spraypainters on here advice needed

Guest blueangel

Guest blueangel

I may have a borrowed booth to use for a long weekend just need some advice on technique and the do's and don'ts really.I feel confident but have never tackeled a job this size and after striving for perfection so far i don't want to mess it up now.

Guest blueangel

Hi simon

think the guy who was gonna spray it is gonna let me down, i think he's scared coz he knows im a perfectionist and i want quite a special job doing

I can honestly say you will wish you never had bothered,its not just a case of rub down mask and paint,no matter what people tell you and advice you get,you will not get it right,unless you have done this kind of thing before and know what can go wrong,you are best leaving alone.:innocent:

Honestly, if you're a perfectionist, you won't be happy with the finish you get if you've never done this type of thing before.

Like most things, when done by an expert, spraying a car looks easy. I can tell you, from experience, that its far from it.

I've painted a few cars in my time, with reasonable results, but I wouldn't attempt spraying any car that I really wanted to look good.

Not because I'm especially crap at it, but just because I haven't had enough tuition or practice in top quality painting.

If you think about it, throughout the trade there are painters of varying ability, all calling themselves professionals. Unless you really think that you could oust one of the top ones from his job, I'd leave the job to someone whe REALLY knows what they're doing ;)

All IMHO, of course, but I know I'm right :D