The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19's on standard suspension

rovervi

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but 19's make the car handle very very badly

Just fitted my 19's, hardly any difference to the 18's.

Infact I was pleasantly surprised how good it is, I'm not sure if the Reas suspension is responsible.

Definately not hard at all, just what you would expect from such a sporty car!

19's every time for me. :)

not this debate again! supras dooooo noooot handle as well on 19s compared to 17s. they do not accelerate as well either.if you cant feel the diffence then you are not driving hard/fast therefore the 19s will suit you fine

Who said they did handled better than 17's?

your 19's will be fine until things start to wear out, and they will do very quickly compared to stock 16's or 17's what the car was initially designed for, the supra is a raw sports car and will not take kindly to huge wheels, all you serve to do is run your wheel bearings out in double quick time, bushings and suspension and you will notice these things happen a lot sooner than you think

I can imagine you would experience a hell of a lot of roll through corners as well

I would really like to see two stock supras one with 16's and one with bling 19's go round a track and compare times....has this been done?

I would really like to see two stock supras one with 16's and one with bling 19's go round a track and compare times....has this been done?

You dont even need to do that to know what the outcome would be now do you?

I have had 17's, 18's and 19's, the car handled far better on the 17's and not too bad on the 18's, but since going 19's and having coilovers i can honestly that its better than my 18's, this is probably due to the fact that i now have lighter wheels with better offsets!

The above is real world experience on UK roads, i dont do track...come to think of it, i wonder how many of you do:)

Bearings and suspension components do wear out alot quicker, but this is a weekend car for me.

your 19's will be fine until things start to wear out, and they will do very quickly compared to stock 16's or 17's what the car was initially designed for, the supra is a raw sports car and will not take kindly to huge wheels, all you serve to do is run your wheel bearings out in double quick time, bushings and suspension and you will notice these things happen a lot sooner than you think

I can imagine you would experience a hell of a lot of roll through corners as well

How do you know all this?

More roll, why?

The suspension could well be a lot more durable than you think, we don't all go belting around the twisty roads pushing the car to the limit.