The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another car park dent!

martin_a

Hopefully a story with a happy ending but it could have been quite different...

Went to Tesco on Saturday and with the Mrs in the car parked in the disabled bay as usual. Big help for her being able to get the Supra doors wide open without fear of hitting anything.

In the shop for about 15 minutes, only bought a couple of birthday cards and come out to notice the red car we parked next to has gone and has been replaced by a shed of a white Saxo with its passenger door embeded in my driver's door!

Saw the bloke check it and then get in the car so scooted over as quick as we could and saw the huge white scuff down my shiny black door.

Que some hammering on his window until he opens the door (electric window probably bust) and i get to confront him. Brilliantly stepped into the door too so he couldn't close it and the car couldn't move.

Conversation went along the lines of initial denial to "might have" and "lets have a look."

Having agreed that he'd actually done it he did want to try to poilish it out so i took name and address but without any ID to back it up. Went straight round the cop shop and to be fair the PC was very helpful and took all the details. As the bloke was a passenger in the car though they weren't sure if it went down as vandalism or an RTA but eventually decided to go for an RTA.

Closer inspection of the damage on arrival home revealed that the door is actually dented so it must have gone with a fair crack. Still the PC went to see him as she "had a bit of time" and he admitted it to her so couldn't get out of it when i showed up and pointed out it was a lot worse than he first thought.

He's been right enough about it but for my part it was good luck that i saw him do it and was able to stop them driving away. Simple lesson here kids, keep a hold of your door when it's windy!

Mrs couldn't believe i didn't try to batter him!

m.

I usually park miles away from the door when i'm on my own but with the mrs in the car we used to blue badge so nice big space and less chance of getting whacked - Aye right!

Going to get my own quote too because if his is suspiciously cheap i will be saying no thanks!

m.