The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advise for an MR2 driver......??

Guest britpilotdave

Guest britpilotdave

Hi all

I have been on the forum a long time ago briefly but let me intro myself again. I'm dave and i currently own an MR2 T-bar N/A. There is an outside chance of a good job coming up and i am weighing up getting a supra or an MR2 Turbo. If i were to get a supra i would want a twin turbo aerotop (please excuse my ignorance with models etc).

Now to make the comparison between getting an mr2 tubby or a supra possible i am budgeting a max of £7000. Now i wondered if you guys can tell me what £7k would get me as far as a twin turbo soop? The ones i have seen which look in first class condition are coming in at about £11k ish but i wondered what sort of mileage and condition i could get for £7k?

Many thanks in advance

Dave

Guest britpilotdave

hmm. Well what could i get for £7k? The thing is i can get an mr2 turbo with 280bhp for £5k and mister 2's are loads of fun!

I really wanted the grunty power of the supra TT manual

Had an MR2 GTS turbo before the Supra, and let me ask you to go for a tuby MR2 if you cant afford to have a manual TT Supra, as I think its not worth going for an NA supra when you can have a MR2 turbo for the same price,

£7K will bring a very clean MR2 turbo.

It is unlikely you will be able to find a TT 6 speed for 7k. Not imposible, but unlikely. You will be able to find a decent TT auto for that money if you shop around and dont just take the first high mileage example that comes along.

As an example, i have just bought a superb looking stock black auto TT with just 59k km's on the clock and that will probably be selling for less than 7k - so they are out there. ;)

Guest britpilotdave

EEK!! Its looking like the Mister 2 turbo at the moment.

What about a single turbo supra? What would £7k get me AND what sort of BHP does a single turbo have?

Guest britpilotdave

OUCH! this is painful CJ! It really is looking like a mister 2 turbo then.

Just out of interest what the stock BHP for a supra single turbo?

OUCH! this is painful CJ! It really is looking like a mister 2 turbo then.

Just out of interest what the stock BHP for a supra single turbo?

There are no stock single turbo supras. the stock version were NA (normally aspirated) or TT (Twin turbo).