The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Park B*st**ds

stuohy

Last night someone drove into my supe in a car park, before very politely driving off... leaving me with the damage :(

The front bumper and the very edge of the bonnet are damaged, and I can't open the bonnet... which worries me...!

I've just got a quote from Tonbridge Coachworks for £2500 (that includes £1500 for labour!!), which I believe is taking the p1ss a little.

Looks like I'm going to need a new front bumper; anyone got one or know where I can get one from?!

Sad to hear mate..

Ive got some bodywork to be sorted as well

2500 sounds a lot though..pics?

As for bumpers...what you looking for?Standard or aftermarket.usually a few standard ones floating around as people put aftermarket ones on. Just put a bit in wanted section

Maybe they're quoting new bonnet and bumper from Toyota?

Just ask for a paintwork quote and get parts second hand.

No security cameras around? I hate bastard hit and runs.

But even if they were, £1500 for labour????

christ i was raging the other day when someone came and parked all of six inches away from me in an empty car park and then proceeded to open their car door onto mine!!

in any empty car park ffs!!

i'd be ready to kill someone if i was you mate.

perhaps they thought it warranted a full respray lol

Yep - that's insane. Some body shops just take the piss and quote stupid prices as they don't want the work, would rather deal with insurance companies who don't complain and always pay up. There's loads around here like that.

Yep - that's insane. Some body shops just take the piss and quote stupid prices as they don't want the work, would rather deal with insurance companies who don't complain and always pay up. There's loads around here like that.

That exact thing happened to me with my last Supra. They told me out-right that they didn't want the work so I gave their massive quote to my insurance company and the silly buggers declared the car a write-off. So basically for a little bit of front end damage I got a whole new car :)

My old car was then sold to someone for £6k odd. The buyer got in touch a few weeks later to say he is restoring it - when he told me how much he paid for it I said "jesus you lucky git". I'm a lot happier with my car now though, and all because of a crappy bodyshop not wanting work

If you take the plate holder off will the bumper pull back into position at all or is it stretched too much?

yeah the bumper is quite flexible-try it

As for the bonnet looks like a replacement could be in order.

though having looked at the pics some more looks like the bumperis creased up a bit below drivers headlight.

though having looked at the pics some more looks like the bumperis creased up a bit below drivers headlight.

yup, does look that way. reckon you're looking at a new bonnet and new bumper.

both second hand plus painting and fitting ain't gonna come to £2.5k though

You could get an aftermarket front and bonnet on there and painted for less than £2500..

They are having a laugh.. If you want a stock front bumper you could do worse than pick up a second hand one for £50 - £100 and lots of people have bonnets here for sale..

I could with a bit of creativity have all that fixed for £1000

Thanks guys :)

Not really in a position to pay for an aftermarket bumper at the moment... will have to stick with stock for now!

I am having trouble opening the bonnet now; I can't lift it enough to get my finger on the catch. If I force it up is this likely to damage anything?

Thanks guys :)

Not really in a position to pay for an aftermarket bumper at the moment... will have to stick with stock for now!

I am having trouble opening the bonnet now; I can't lift it enough to get my finger on the catch. If I force it up is this likely to damage anything?

Well if the bumpers going and the bonnets going then i would be tempted to give it the 'big un' lol.