The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT Passed - Dodgy Tyre Service Though!

martin_a

The goos news - MOT well and truely passed.

The only issue was one i knew about when i bought the car the front tyres are on the limit. I did order some from MyTyres (Avon ZZ3) with over a week to go.

They promised delivery in 4 days, nothing appeared so i chased them saying i needed them for the MOT. They wrote back saying there had been a problem but i could have them in a week, did i still want to go ahead?

Not having a lot of choice i said yes but complained that if there had been a problem they should have told me, i shouldn't have had to chase them.

Next email from them says they can't get the tyres at all (now off the website) and did i want Nexxus for a similar price? I looked them up and the price they actually quoted me was higher than on their own website! Absolutely amazing, they cocked up and then still tried to fleece me.

Told them where to go and cancelled the order, this morning a note that it has been cancelled and not so much as a kiss my arse by way of apology.

They are cheap but be warned their customer service leaves a lot to be desired and i wouldn't trust them at all if you need something by a given deadline.

Aside from this the MOT guy noticed the tyres, both front and rear, were wearing on the inside. They put it down to the lowered suspension, has anyone else noticed this with Chris Wilson suspension? Uneven wear troubles me a bit but before i go to the expense or uncertainty of someone fiddling with it i just want to know if it is normal.

cheers,

m.

no apology for length, she loves it.