The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Cover Reviews..

_Rob_

I know theres loads of threads asking which car cover to get, however people only seem to reccomend a cover, not say why or give there experience with a said cover.

main reason im asking this is due to my dad selling his house, leaving me garage-less, and i dont want to keep the Supra in the preying eyes of little buggers that roam our streets at night, especially after the respray..

now ive searched and read many of the car cover posts and they recomend companies such as Covercraft, Tyvek, Resistanz, Coverquest, Classic Aditions to name a few. Obviously, these range from around £30 to £300.

Ive also read a few concerns and problems people have had with covers, as Jazz1 had one mess up his paint and water got throught it, IIRC this was one from Argos. ive read things about different finishes on the inside of the covers maring the paint and causing small scratches etc due to rubbing of the paint, especially if the paintwork isnt clean when the cover is put on. reports of the coating used to make the cover water proof leaving a film over the paintwork of the car, and waterproof ones actually letting water through.

So, to the point, could people who use on a regular basis, or have regularly used car covers of a certain make post up their experiences. Also comments on the material used on the inside of the cover would be good..

My favourite so far is the classic addition heavy duty weatherproof cover, but im unsure as to the actual finish of the material on the inside of the cover, something like microfibre would be nice!

I know theres loads of threads asking which car cover to get, however people only seem to reccomend a cover, not say why or give there experience with a said cover.

main reason im asking this is due to my dad selling his house, leaving me garage-less, and i dont want to keep the Supra in the preying eyes of little buggers that roam our streets at night, especially after the respray..

now ive searched and read many of the car cover posts and they recomend companies such as Covercraft, Tyvek, Resistanz, Coverquest, Classic Aditions to name a few. Obviously, these range from around £30 to £300.

Ive also read a few concerns and problems people have had with covers, as Jazz1 had one mess up his paint and water got throught it, IIRC this was one from Argos. ive read things about different finishes on the inside of the covers maring the paint and causing small scratches etc due to rubbing of the paint, especially if the paintwork isnt clean when the cover is put on.

So, to the point, could people who use on a regular basis, or have regularly used car covers of a certain make post up their experiences. Also comments on the material used on the inside of the cover would be good..

My favourite so far is the classic addition heavy duty weatherproof cover, but im unsure as to the actual finish of the material on the inside of the cover, something like microfibre would be nice!

interested in this also as i need one, someone mentioned one and posted a pic, i have the number for him but would prefer the type with wing mirror covers built in

Hi all,

I've been using the Resistanz Car Cover from Argos/Ebay for about 5 weeks now. As for the performance, I think it does the job perfectly.

OK it's not the most stylish of covers, and I went for the largest size so as to not consistently rub against the paintwork, but it's still a snug fit. It's definitely waterproof and scrath resistant too (only light knocks of course). Not sure of the exact material, but for circa £40 it's definitely value for money. I've had no deviation in the paintwork and haven't noticed any new scratches since it's been fitted.

It is recommended that the car is dry before it's put on so yes this could be a problem in the winter, but running a lint-free cloth over the sup gets rid of most excess moisture and should be fine.

Of course, if you have 300 to splash out, then I'd go with the customer made covercraft ones. Hope this helps. ;)

Anti-chav and key protection.jpg

Im interested in this, if your using a cover everynight and it rains during the day, are you supposed to dry off the car completely before using one of these covers or not, cos that would be quite time consuming thru the winter?

Looked at the Halfords own batch (from £34.99 to (£59.99) and they all say if leaving the cover on for any lengthy amount of time it is best to dry the car to best of abilities. This is the one Burt has.

I've been using the Resistanz Car Cover from Argos/Ebay for about 5 weeks now. As for the performance, I think it does the job perfectly.

Do you have any side on pics of the cover mate? Quite interested in this one myself.

Possible Argos group buy?? :D

Hi Rob and Toyota,

The spec is as follows:

WATERPROOF

BREATHABLE

FULL SIZE ZIPPER TO ALLOW ACCESS INTO THE DRIVER'S DOOR

DURABLE FABRIC

LINED

FOR WET & HOT CONDITIONS

ELASTICATED HEM

REINFORCED EYELETS FOR SECURING COVER

STORAGE BAG

It says that it's made of Durable fabric welded with ultrasonic production system which ensures the cover is waterproof. It also features special ventilation abilities and because of this the car can be left covered during extreme weather conditions.

The car cover helps protect against:

UV Rays

Rain & Wind

Smog & Dust

Snow, Ice & Frost

Bird Droppings

Leaves

I don't have any side pics I'm afraid but this has been covered before and I'm sure someone else has some.

EDIT: Thread of pics attached :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=81487&page=2&highlight=car+cover

Hope this helps ;)

Greg

i have had one now for a while found no real problems with it apart from when it been on for a while it rubs against the paint work and causes little patches of what looks like wax spots so a quick rub with the terrys microfibre cloth and its fine no srcatching, also when we had a major down poor the cover stuck to the car and caused condensation under thats only time its got wet;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=82637&highlight=fancy+car+cover

Ive one of these if someone whats to save a fiver - got it from Argos based on a previous thread a month back but it doesn't fit properly over the vielside rear spoiler (pulls it halfway up the rear bumper):( .

PM me if interested (can deliver at the pod sunday if any help).

• 4 months later...