The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Should have known it would happen sooner or later

ry4n

Well after a few months of ownership I should have known some jealous son of a BI**H would have to stick his boot in.

So here's my problem went to work the other morning and drove into the car park. There is a security gate that opens and shuts automatically, as I drive through the gate (as long as I stay to the far side I can get through without catching my exhaust.) But as of a few days ago this is not the case.

It's catching every time now, it's also catching on my driveway. on closer inpsection it looks as though some friggin tosser has booted my exhaust. It must have pushed it in and downwards, to say i'm gutted (and majorly pis*ed off would be an understatement)

I've had the car on a ramp and the local greasemonkey cant see anything wrong.

My question is barring powerflow who could sort this out. Please help, this grinding sound is making me feel sick!

I've included some before and after pics. Cheers everyone

DSC00088.JPG

DSC00116.JPG

Guest Nicholas
Well after a few months of ownership I should have known some jealous son of a BI**H would have to stick his boot in.

So here's my problem went to work the other morning and drove into the car park. There is a security gate that opens and shuts automatically, as I drive through the gate (as long as I stay to the far side I can get through without catching my exhaust.) But as of a few days ago this is not the case.

It's catching every time now, it's also catching on my driveway. on closer inpsection it looks as though some friggin tosser has booted my exhaust. It must have pushed it in and downwards, to say i'm gutted (and majorly pis*ed off would be an understatement)

I've had the car on a ramp and the local greasemonkey cant see anything wrong.

My question is barring powerflow who could sort this out. Please help, this grinding sound is making me feel sick!

I've included some before and after pics. Cheers everyone

Not good mate :( do you park on the street at night? or do you garage her?

Nick.

The first pic is before :blink: The backbox is now touching the bumper, I knew it was stuck out further than most after I looked at a few pics on here but it never caused a problem

The car is garaged at night, no way is it going on the street. unfortunatley they still have'nt invented the mobile garage yet :)

Guest Nicholas
The first pic is before :blink: The backbox is now touching the bumper, I knew it was stuck out further than most after I looked at a few pics on here but it never caused a problem

The car is garaged at night, no way is it going on the street. unfortunatley they still have'nt invented the mobile garage yet :)

Very true! :) hope you get it sorted chap!

I dont think this was done on purpose chap these exhausts are made of good steel and assuming all the hangers are still in place it would take considerable force to bend.

Do you have any pics of the complete system from underneath, so we can look and see where the system is distorted?

Then check all the joints are intact and still sealing and with a little heat ease the exhaust back into position.

Ascar exhausts in Sheffield maybe able to help. Think they're known as Exhausts UK Ltd nowadays.

Tel: 0114 244 7123

Not sure how far away they are from you though.

John