The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Castrol Edge and Edge sport.

oilman

We are pleased to announce that we now have an expanded range of Castrol Oils in stock including

Castrol Edge 0w-30, 5w-30, 10w-60 (replaces TWS), Edge TD 0w-30 and 5w-40

Castrol Edge Sport 0w-40 (replaces RS) and Edge Sport 10w-60 (replaces RS)

Bike Oils including R4, R2, GPS, GP and a full range of gear oils, brake fluids and workshop items including SRF Brake Fluid.

You'll find the range here and the Club prices in the Members Area.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/performance_lubricants/castrol.aspx

Happy browsing!

Regards

Simon & Guy

Castrol Edge 5w-30, this suitable for a tt auto?

Edge TD , is this just the name, its not just for turbo diesels?

The 5w-30 would be fine for a stock TT, if modded we would sugges 5w-40 or higher.

The diesel one can also be used in petrol cars as it meets some petrol specs.

Cheers

Guy.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Toyota reckon their oil is as good as Edge 5w-40? Hmmm, I'd be surprised. Things like the Toyota oil are made by big companies, but to lower specs than their own oils. If Toyota do a 5w-40 synthetic oil it's more than likely to be a hydrocracked (highly refined and modified mineral oil) rather than a genuine PAO synthetic oil like the Edge is

Apparently so, and for a BPU TT Supra as well. I doubted them and said if they had tested it on a Supra TT with a full BPU, they said yes of course, but could not send me the evidence as its confidential. Personally i think they are bullshitting, i said 'they' but its just was just one guy.

Ill still be buying the 5w-40 edge... how many litres do i need to buy for a full oil change?

I think that the guy you spoke to is basically a bit optimistic. Just because an oil is a 5w-40 synthetic, it doesn't mean its the same as the next 5w-40 synthetic.

Another thing, the Fuchs Pro S is a higher spec oil than the Edge and with the sale, works out cheaper, so I'd go for that.

There are a few that I'd class as the best ones around - Redline, Fuchs Pro S & R, Motul 300V, Gulf Competition and Millers CFS. In a 1000bhp Supra, I'd really want to know what it's getting used for and what the oil temps are before I'd suggest and oil, although I think I'd probably go for a 10w-50 or 15w-50.

Cheers

Tim

There are a few that I'd class as the best ones around - Redline, Fuchs Pro S & R, Motul 300V, Gulf Competition and Millers CFS. In a 1000bhp Supra, I'd really want to know what it's getting used for and what the oil temps are before I'd suggest and oil, although I think I'd probably go for a 10w-50 or 15w-50.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim, its gets used pretty hard, top speed events, might chuck in the odd blast round a track, but mainly fast street, i want the best oil i can get, in the past i have always used 15-50 mobile 1.

I have always used 10-50 pro S in my supra TT and have seen temps in the high 120 and still the oil feels very nice, pressure's do drop very slightly but nothing to shout about.

PRO S is now called TITAN RACE and would never use castol or any other halfords rubbish.

Do you use the same oil in the 1JZ James?