The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra Vs

uezzell

To be fair mate, pound for pound there's no contest for me, irrespective of which is quicker. I didn't buy my Soop cos I thought it'd be the quickest car on the road, I got it cos I have loved the look of one since I was 15. You will not be disappointed. Beemer's are common ;)

well said, my view exactly.

you drive an N/A do you like it? or do you always dream of a TT

Absolutely love it mate. Yeah sure at some point I'll no doubt have a TT but plenty happy for now. Need to wait til I have more cash for a TT both to purchase and to maintain so I rest assured I have a very fast car that is better looking than 99% of other cars on the road. And for head turning, there aint many better. :)

From http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

1994 Toyota Supra 6.9s 15.2 1/4

1999 BMW 328i 6.9s 15.2 1/4

1996 BMW 328i Sport 6.4s 15.0 1/4

2001 BMW 330i 6.1s 14.8 1/4

My last car was a 1995 BMW 328i (not Sport, tho) and did about a 7s 0-60 (although my advice is don't touch a '95 328i - the stem seals don't last more than about 60k miles - mine got worse mpg rates than my Supra TT, burned off about the same in oil and finally went up in a ball of flames! Apparently they fixed all these problems in the '96 re-issue, tho).

To be fair mate, pound for pound there's no contest for me, irrespective of which is quicker. I didn't buy my Soop cos I thought it'd be the quickest car on the road, I got it cos I have loved the look of one since I was 15. You will not be disappointed. Beemer's are common ;)

Well said that man... http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=3453

can`t argue with that:cool:

is this a 'race' as in which will accelerate to x mph in the shortest time ?

Just reading above... snooze has answered your question.

If you mean race in the proper sense of the word, as in x number of laps around a track, then I would say the supra would be a better choice purely on the fact that it has the wider tyres and will presumably have more grip.

the supra is a purpose built sports car....the bmw 328 is not.... that should speak for itself...

the site snooze has listed says 6.9secs....it doesnt mean its official and that no other na supra can do it faster....i myself have been able to get around 6-6.4. depeding on the start...if you rev it up right and let it go and if the tyres really do grip you will fly :D

Supras are special, unique and quiet rare compared to alot of other sports cars (m3's, impretzas etc etc) The cockpit positions, the steering, the whole feel of a supra dwafs the bmw...

jza80 vs the 328....id say the jza80 has the edge..

I had a 96 328i before the TT, but have had NA's as loan cars several times. They're pretty evenly matched up to 80 or so, but the supra has more top end. I actually found the BMW much easier to push hard round the corners and quite honestly in normal road conditions it would be the quicker of the two round the twisties.

The 330i is a very underrated car and I can't see an NA keeping up with one.

I wanted to get a TT next year, but by the look of my funds etc, looks like a NA for me now. have read various threads on here ref NA vs TT etc, Goes without saying that the TT is quicker, but the NA is still a very quick car. so I would be happy with either, as it is mainly the looks I'm after

Guest GunmetalGrey

i have a 1996 sz-r (NA) and my mate an x reg 330ci coupe, we were dead even 0-60 then im quicker past 90........

incedently im looking at selling my sz-r (gunmetal facelift) as i now travel further to work so i will be getting a 330d sport when the time is right.

I will of course be placing the car in the 'supras for sale section' where you will find all the details.

So 1996 sz-r gunmetal grey supra for sale coming soon...................................

Think the manual would be slightly quicker as you have more control over the gears but there wouldnt be much in it :cool:

Thanks,, thought that would be the case. It looks like I will only be able to afford a NA, so hope to get a manual one, but would not turn down a auto one if it was well looked after etc. roll on next year