The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Bonnet Scoop

rovervi

Hi Guys i am after the bonnet with the scoop but am finding it hard as i dont want to pay much for something cosmetic. I heard a while ago you can get standard jspec bonnet fitted with one and was just wondering if anyone had done this and what it cost (also what was cost of your bonnet spray one the scoop was fitted)

Hi Guys i am after the bonnet with the scoop but am finding it hard as i dont want to pay much for something cosmetic. I heard a while ago you can get standard jspec bonnet fitted with one and was just wondering if anyone had done this and what it cost (also what was cost of your bonnet spray one the scoop was fitted)

am sure someone was selling one second hand mate. check out the parts for sale section...

I can supply all the genuine Toyota parts you would need to install a scoop on J-sepc bonnet. The price for all the parts shown would be £135 including postage.

[qimg]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4717/picture1qi8.png[/qimg]

See install 'how to' guide here:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/european_hood_scoop_install/index.html

only thing that worries me here is cuttig a hole in the bonnet

am sure someone was selling one second hand mate. check out the parts for sale section...

checked out the parts section and emailed a guy with full bonnet for sale with scoop but think i might leave it after all its only cosmetic and i just liked the look

Tis not true, the bonnet scoop is not cosmetic.

According to Mr T the bonnet scoop helps to lower the turbo temp on long journys which gives you better fuel ecconmy.

Aboslute rubbish if you ask me.

I thought it was something to do with cooling cylinder 5 / 6.