The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Potential newbie

Guest wobblybox

Guest wobblybox

Hopefully buying a Supra within the next few weeks or so, as I live in Northern Ireland the choices are somewhat limited. Looks like a trip to England is the way forward.

I have a fairly limited knowledge on Supra's if anyone has advice on the best model to go for (dont want to start a riot here)!! Mind made up its going to a non-turbo unsure about gearbox. Had an automatic Toyota Surf and didn't really like it very revvy and always felt like it needed another gear on the motorway.

I assume Silver is the fastest colour?? :D

I have a fairly limited knowledge on Supra's if anyone has advice on the best model to go for (dont want to start a riot here)!! Mind made up its going to a non-turbo unsure about gearbox. Had an automatic Toyota Surf and didn't really like it very revvy and always felt like it needed another gear on the motorway.

I assume Silver is the fastest colour?? :D

weird....you talk about the best model and then narrow it down to a non-turbo supra....whats the logic behind that?

Guest wobblybox
weird....you talk about the best model and then narrow it down to a non-turbo supra....whats the logic behind that?

When I say model I mean spec as in RZ, RZ-S, GZ, SZ, SZ-R etc, cant afford to insure/ repair twin turbos if they go poof. theres also six speed, aerotops ( Think they only come in auto??) etc to consider, new to Supras. As I said any advice greatly received. Any weaknesses I should know of?

When I say model I mean spec as in RZ, RZ-S, GZ, SZ, SZ-R etc, cant afford to insure/ repair twin turbos if they go poof.

RZ, RZ-S, GZ are all TT

SZ, SZ-R are all NA

Insurance is a similar cost whether TT or NA.

Supras are very reliable. Not buying a TT because you're worried it might break is not a valid reason really mate. No offense but if you can't afford a grand to fix your car if/when it goes wrong then you might not want a Supra. Everything on these cars cost quite a lot. If you're skinting yourself to get one you are taking a big chance.

Final word of advice, I wouldn't look at NAs that have been converted to single turbo.

Guest wobblybox
RZ, RZ-S, GZ are all TT

SZ, SZ-R are all NA

Insurance is a similar cost whether TT or NA.

Supras are very reliable. Not buying a TT because you're worried it might break is not a valid reason really mate. No offense but if you can't afford a grand to fix your car if/when it goes wrong then you might not want a Supra. Everything on these cars cost quite a lot. If you're skinting yourself to get one you are taking a big chance.

Final word of advice, I wouldn't look at NAs that have been converted to single turbo.

ya see thats why ya go on forums to make yerself look like a dick!! didnt know the SZ and sz-r where NA's glad I found that out. I want the Supra for its prowess and goodlooks I appreciate the TT is the fastest and lairyest but i will be using this car everyday for transport. i am not skinting myself to buy the car however I don't want a moneypit either thats why i'm thinking the NA is the better option. I assume Supra engines are fairly bulletproof??

just boughta 96 6 speed facelift model for £5200. Bargain???