The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky insurance

rovervi

Very good customer service was with Lancaster for a year but my renewal quote was £50 more than it was the year before (nothing had changed apart from me being 1 year older and 1 more NCB). Sky tried everything they could to get it cheaper for me in the end it went to the top and saved me £150!

I received my renewal quote for SKY in the post on saturday. 3 Years NCD and membership discount. £1290. I was not very impressed as I payed £1450 the year before.

I rang around and got a few other quotes. Lancaster quoted £1200.

So today, I rang Sky and said I was enoyed at the quote the sent to me in the post and asked why it was so high. I explained that I had received other quotes for less than theirs.

The asked me what I was quoted.....

I thought I would test the water and said £1150. The guy on the phone goes away for a minute and comes back saying that Lancaster insure your car using classic insurance where you don't earn any no claims discount with them.

But he said he would match the £1150 quote for me.

To be brutally honest, I think all insurance companies are a shower of cowboys, sending out quotes they just make up out of thin air.

If Sky is supposed to be the offical Supra Insurance company, why oh why don't the quote their wery best price to start with..........??

I received my renewal quote for SKY in the post on saturday. 3 Years NCD and membership discount. £1290. I was not very impressed as I payed £1450 the year before.

So today, I rang Sky and said I was enoyed at the quote the sent to me in the post and asked why it was so high. I explained that I had received other quotes for less than theirs.

I thought I would test the water and said £1150. The guy on the phone goes away for a minute and comes back saying that Lancaster insure your car using classic insurance where you don't earn any no claims discount with them.

To be brutally honest, I think all insurance companies are a shower of cowboys, sending out quotes they just make up out of thin air.

If Sky is supposed to be the offical Supra Insurance company, why oh why don't the quote their wery best price to start with..........??

cos there not, far as i see it they shudnt be sent our members they dnt give crap all discounts

Insurance companies don't offer their cheapest quote first off because they want to make money. Its a buyers market so you have to haggle, think oif it the same when you buy a car - the seller never advertises their lowest price, same as the buyer never pays the asking price.

Also, Insruance companies and their agents will aim for some sort of margin on each policy they offer, say 20%. If they can keep a customer by dropping the margin, they will. It just means they make it up on their next quote. Unethical maybe, but thats just insurance for you.

cos there not, far as i see it they shudnt be sent our members they dnt give crap all discounts

Thats compelete rubish Jazz. You're only getting irrational because they couldn't give you a competitive quote (you do not represent the majority of this club so the scheme isn't aimed at young people like you). You'll find they have given fantastic quotes to many members here and are unlike a vast majority of companies actually understand what modification means. There's also the guarateed value scheme. I can only think or 3 or 4 companies that do this.

They're just no so good for young/high risk drivers, but then the scheme was never about that.

The insurance company's will give us the rate that they would like the renewal premium invited at. Due to the fact the private car insurance industry has lost money consistantly for years beacuse of increased claims cost and the introduction of banks and supermarkets selling policies they are trying to increase their premium income. As a broker we will argue the point that if the insurer inceases our rates we become uncompetitve and lose business to our competitors. That is why we have a price gaurentee that allows us to match a competitors price at renewal subject to written proof within 14 days.

Sky provided the best quote price for my J-spec TT, but I am honestly dismayed, and quite appalled at their service.

Firstly, I have received no policy documentation and have made 3 monthly payments of £248.00. I was told this would be in the post shortly, but have not heard back from them. This is against the FSA Icob rules of contract certainty and treating customers fairly. This would be criminal in a commercial respect, let alone a personal lines arena!

Also, I have received no payment schedule, they sent a reminder letter through without advising when payment would be debited and they have clearly ignored my letter.

I have also not received an agreed value form despite providing all documentation, photos and receipts necessary.

I have written a letter to yourselves UIG and will be expecting a prompt 48hour reply as per FSA requirements otherwise I will be reporting Sky to the Obudsman. I'm sure you can appreciate that I feel rather neglected and haven't yet received a fair and expected service. I am very disappointed to say the least with how I've been treated. I work for Zurich Insurance in the commercial side and have dealings frequently with the legal and compliance team. We would honestly all be shot if this was the service we provided to our customers.

Greg Wheatley.

My most competitive quote was with Lancaster and about £450 cheaper than Sky.

It's a normal policy and not a 'Classic car' policy. Also an agreed valuation policy.

When I got my quote from Sky, I had done a previous quote about six moths ago. I tried to state there's been a few personal circumstance changes but the person on the phone didn't want to know.

As per my above post I would like the bring to your attention the following thread I started a while back.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=80019

Thank you for your response UIG (Scott), however I am still unclear with your processes and stil believe I, and many others here, are not being treated fairly. Just out of question, are you (part) responsible for compliance on behalf of Sky?

I would like to discuss this further, but first I'll be speaking to my own compliance representatives at Zurich. Thanks.

Greg Wheatley.

As per my above post I would like the bring to your attention the following thread I started a while back.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=80019

Thank you for your response UIG (Scott), however I am still unclear with your processes and stil believe I, and many others here, are not being treated fairly. Just out of question, are you (part) responsible for compliance on behalf of Sky?

I would like to discuss this further, but first I'll be speaking to my own compliance representatives at Zurich. Thanks.

Greg Wheatley.

Hi Greg this is Jae, not Scott

I will contact you tomorrow as I will need to see your file inorder to rectify this situation and I am not in the office today.

Jae, Scott and Graham, all top blokes and for the past 2 years been very happy with the service given by Sky, great talking to people that know cars and are actually interested in them.

I'm with them, the wife is with them! and my brother and dad are now with them :D

Never had a problem, answer all my queries via email or over the phone and will use them next year as well.

this post alone should help lower my premium, eh, eh ehhhhh!