The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension

jazz1

I hope he means handling. Because I'd like to know too. Heard that CW's is good. Blistein shocks with Eibach springs are good.

But what's a streetable suspension setup ? (just like "streetable turbos ")

One that isn't too low for speedbumps etc. But offers a "better than stock -for- the street" setup.

'Best' for what? Posing or Handling?

Best for saying he have the best of everything on his car I guess :)

Very few people who really want to race their cars spend as much time and effort on wheels and cosmetics only to risk damaging them on a track.

Depends what you want Jazz, i've had Teins and the Chris Wilson set up, found both to be VERY good. Only replacing the CW set up with my old Teins as the car is far too low with a Top Secret bumper on. JIC ones were meant to be good, Hipermax too - what do you want the car to do? Just look good (stock ride height / a little lower / "slammed onthe deck pimpin biatch etc" )or do you want to drive well around corners / give good grip when planting it?

I can *highly* recommend CW's setup, worth every penny.

The ride is firm without being harsh and it's great on everything from twisty B-roads to flat out runs on the autobahn - solid as a rock. There's some pictures in the link below so you can see the ride height.

I can now offer a set of my suspension with adjustable ride height, although 9 out of 10 people only *THINK* they need this... :) Based on my own specification Bilsteins with my own springs, available for road, track or drag strip. NOT cheap, but hey, you get what you pay for. I have yet to see a performance damper that's *NOT* made in Europe, and usually in Germany or Scandinavia or the UK, that's any good.

What's your budget I can get Eibach dampers made from old stock new parts, European Ohlins made up, Proflex, and JRZ, but you are talking around 1k per damper and spring. FWIW I have Eibach dampers on my Skyline.

I can now offer a set of my suspension with adjustable ride height, although 9 out of 10 people only *THINK* they need this... :) Based on my own specification Bilsteins with my own springs, available for road, track or drag strip. NOT cheap, but hey, you get what you pay for. I have yet to see a performance damper that's *NOT* made in Europe, and usually in Germany or Scandinavia or the UK, that's any good.

What's your budget I can get Eibach dampers made from old stock new parts, European Ohlins made up, Proflex, and JRZ, but you are talking around 1k per damper and spring. FWIW I have Eibach dampers on my Skyline.

:blink: thats way too much lol i was thinking on a budget between 1 to 1-5k