The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tyre pressures

Dave

just been reading through a few threads on this and am a bit confused my mate a ats reckons i should run 26 psi all round but most people are on 30+ the last time i changed tyres they were worn down the middle on the rears so he said this was due to too much pressure causing the tyre to not sit flat on the road ,ive been running 26 for about a year and there wearing evenly .i got goodyear f1s all round on 18 inch rims. comments pls:(

i got the 4 wheel aligment done in bristol they done the camber toe in/out its all spot on not getting any adverse tyre wear .if the tyres wear on the inside or outside its usually tracking or camber, in the middle its over inflation.plus putting 36 psi in the fronts makes the ride harder .think i will email goodyear see what they say.thanks for your comments anyway guys

...plus putting 36 psi in the fronts makes the ride harder ...

Actually it is you who have made the ride harder by fitting 18" wheels and forcing the tyres to be lower-profile than they had to be.

The stock 17"wheels with 36psi are a good starting point for experimentation.

If all your suspension angles are within spec, then you can start making small, incremental changes to the tyre pressures and see how the tyre wear goes. Logging of tyre temps throughout the width of all tyres can be even more revealing, if done correctly.:)

Actually it is you who have made the ride harder by fitting 18" wheels and forcing the tyres to be lower-profile than they had to be.

The stock 17"wheels with 36psi are a good starting point for experimentation.

If all your suspension angles are within spec, then you can start making small, incremental changes to the tyre pressures and see how the tyre wear goes. Logging of tyre temps throughout the width of all tyres can be even more revealing, if done correctly.:)

Well said, good four wheel alignment takes about 4 hours and 18's are crap for the ride really