The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Much Do You Think This UK TT Is Worth?

J33LUS

Depends on the quality of the repair job, what accident damage was done in the first place and how much the buyer is prepared to pay.

If the seller has pics of the damage that can help knowing what sort of state the car was in from the accident! For example a front or rear ender wont be too bad i wudnt have thort but really without pics you have no idea really what state it was in, could be dangerous worth getting it checked out on ramps etc!. I wouldnt trust 300 horses thru a cat D, but like i say depends how bad it was.

How much are they selling it for?

They are selling it for £9,000 but im trying to haggled it down.

I have driven it and the engine is perfect. Probably the smoothest, quietest (At slow speed) and the most powerful I have ever driven.

It had rear damage and I was told the driver side door and rear quater had been replaced. I have seen pictures of this.

The only bad points are the front active spoiler doesnt work, the front grill in the bumper is missing and no documented service history.

CAT D doesnt really bother me also, its just hard to get an adequate price.

Im still considering if I should go for it.

The fact it is a totally standard car and it is a TT Manual really appeals to me.

The fact it is a totally standard car and it is a TT Manual really appeals to me.

Sounds like you could have a bargain on your hands.. tbh if its been repaired correctly and you're not bothered about the resale value, I'd grab it with both hands as sadly, this is about the only chance you'll get these days of getting a low mileage UK6 speed.

Sounds like you could have a bargain on your hands.. tbh if its been repaired correctly and you're not bothered about the resale value, I'd grab it with both hands as sadly, this is about the only chance you'll get these days of getting a low mileage UK6 speed.

I agree, the rareity also appelas to me.

Forgot to mention the headlamp washers have been removed.

Have been looking at the For Sale section of this forum and found this thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=79592

It is a 1993 CAT D UK Spec Manual TT with History and sold for £8,500 with 90k ish miles.

So isnt this 1995 CAT D UK Spec Manual TT without History worth £9,000 with 61k miles?

Im only think of resale value as I change my cars every 6 months or so.

Got 3 cars at the moment :eyebrows:

The cat D would not put me off but i would want the following:

1. A HPI type check to confirm it was a Cat D and not Cat C

2. Confirmation of the repairing garage to enable me to ascertain what sort of an outfit they were

3. Confirmation of the mileage - old MOT's etc

HTH :)

I bought my J-spec for £8k about 8 weeks ago mate on a 93 plate. Only has 50,000km (141,00km on the clock) as it's a second hand engine replacement.

However, I clearly paid a little too much by todays market, but then it seemed reasonable.

I'd say I would go up to £8,200 max. Good luck ;)

The cat D would not put me off but i would want the following:

1. A HPI type check to confirm it was a Cat D and not Cat C

2. Confirmation of the repairing garage to enable me to ascertain what sort of an outfit they were

3. Confirmation of the mileage - old MOT's etc

HTH :)

Will do this tomorrow. I already know the garage where it was repaired and is off a very high standard.

I will find out about old mots.

Thanks guys, keep you updated ;)

Has it got FSH? and MOTs?

I had a BMW covertible that was on CAT D. Was a right B@stard to sell for reasonable money. Everyone will try and knock you senseless on the price when you try and sell it....

I'd pay 6k ish for it and only if I planned to keep it for a very long time....