The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD strut brace wow what a difference!

Justin

I thought these were just vapourware blingy things but blimey it feels like it makes a big improvement to the handling and control of the whole car now.

I can actually go round bends at speed!

Before, maybe because I've lowered on Eibachs, it seemed to really oversteer to the point where I'd chicken out of overtaking unless I had a really long straight. Also it would nose dive a lot into bends. But now it is spot on and I can throw the car around they way I always wanted to but accepted it was too lardy therefore didn't think I could improve it.

Cool! Get one!

PS I'll probably go and crash it now thinking I'm Eddie Irvine

I'm just talking about my own experience in my own car that may or may not have had the optimum suspension setup before. It now feels tighter and easier to control nuff said.

As I said I thought strut braces were vapourware but it feels much better 'in my particular vehicle'.

If you were to do 5 laps round Siverstone with it on then cut it in half for another 5 laps I'm confident in my car it would feel worse for the latter 5 laps.

Maybe it has just free'd up my steering because there isn't so much bendy load on the front two wheels? Maybe my suspension was out and this has helped triangulate it?

Strut.jpg

..Maybe it would if the suspension is dicey, but on a good setup it's said to make naff all difference (aerotops excepted)

yep ;)

If the shocks and springs are tired, then any change in the suspension would be fairly noticeable. But then again the 'starting' point is quite low to begin with.

Hell, there are people driving around with 10psi less in the tyres (knowingly or not) and then go on complaining about 'handling' issues

Its indeed a SARD filter but its made of some kind of foam. Don;t know where you can buy a replacement.

I washed it once before but i want to replace the whole filter as soon as possible.

I think they come with paper elements, maybe someone had replaced yours with a foam one as they couldn't get the paper?

I have one which I took off in favour of the standard airbox, I'd just like to be able to source the paper elements for the one I have in the loft.

Thanks.