The mkiv Supra Owners Club

should i buy a carbon fiber bonnet

dazla

Been thinking about this too mate. Sadly not before I spent £680 on getting the bonnet resprayed as well as other parts of car!

Cars having a tough time at moment. May certainly look at doing it in the future although there's no real weight advantage I believe and not sure about the lack of contrast.

I don't see the attraction in CF bonnets personally. Unless your car is a competition car and the extra 5kg in weight saving is going to reduce a lap/run time by a tenth of a second.

Seems like everyone is buying them purely because other people are buying them. Just a personal opinion by the way... its your car and you will know what to do with it to make you happy, and that's the important thing.

I don't see the attraction in CF bonnets personally. Unless your car is a competition car and the extra 5kg in weight saving is going to reduce a lap/run time by a tenth of a second.

Seems like everyone is buying them purely because other people are buying them. Just a personal opinion by the way... its your car and you will know what to do with it to make you happy, and that's the important thing.

i bought mine for the look but i painted it. There is only actually a half kilo weight saving.

Right so what your all saying is i should buy a fiberglass bonnet and vent it my self or buy one with vents and also paint it black of course.

Think your right. I'm put off the idea now of carbon fiber.

So how much can i pick a nice vented bonnet up for???:search:

Right so what your all saying is i should buy a fiberglass bonnet and vent it my self or buy one with vents and also paint it black of course.

Think your right. I'm put off the idea now of carbon fiber.

So how much can i pick a nice vented bonnet up for???:search:

I think the fibreglass ones are aroud £450 from Knightracer