The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom Rear Lights (Clear Indicator Conversion)

Matt H

Yay! Finished off doing my rear light conversion and im chuffed to bits! quite proud of how ive done too :D . A must do for any supra! i can proudly say that there is not one spec of orange on my car now! not even the bulbs! (silver vision jobs)

If any body wants to know how i got on with the conversion i would be happy answer any questions but it really is quite simply to do. Just follow the guide that Rays the Roof posted up and your away!

PICS!!:

Before:

During!:

Completed lights!:

All back on the car and looking sexy!:

Ive never done this... How long did it take you?

Not long, the time element comes from having to heat up each light for 15 mins (4 times) and then twice more to stick the lights back together. so thats 1.5 hours just for that but the actual replacing of the lenses doesnt take long at all. maybe 2 to 2.5 hours all in.

Looks stupid imho, all woudl need to be clear, but as long as your happy mate thats all that matters.

Doing that would be very hard as the middle two lights are completely different in size and shape. There would have to be a lot of filing / re-shaping work to get that done. I dont think i would have the equipment to do it myself, but if it was in abilities to do then i would have... but it aint!

I think it looks smashing fella :) currently have a spare set in pieces too. Did you file any off the clear lens? dont suppose you have that guide to hand?

No didnt file anything off the clear but it is a tight fit, but i reckon it helps to keep it wedged in!

Link here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=35632&highlight=clear