The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom made FMIC hardpipes - Anyone here do it?

Sheefa

Just spoke to Chris Wilson and it looks like i'll be needing a new set of hard pipes for my FMIC. He said they'll be around £50 each to make up, so that's £300! Might as well get a new Greddy intercooler altogether in that case! :(

Can anyone fabricate pipes on here or do you know of someone who can and is cheaper? :search: I don't know the brand of my FMIC so can't get replacement ones.

Help! :(

Thanks Supradibbs. Trouble is my car is at CWs at moment so can't get it there. Were the pipes expensive to do? I haven't got a clue on brand of intercooler and the previous seller, this tw@t called Michael Huwen as ignored all calls and emails over the last 4 weeks!

Can't afford to pay £300 just for some hardpipes! :(

The car can actualy be driven alright, just not too far mate. I drove it to Chris's anyway. The actual silicone hosing was split but the pipes are really bent and mangled so the airflow is clearly restricted and could be dangerous.

Plus, in all honesty, I would prefer Chris to do it as I trust him 100% and he knows the car better than anyone mate. Trouble is, I think he'll source these pipes from somebody and hence the cost. Ideally I just want some similar ones fabricated.

At a lost end it seems................:(