The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going For It!!!

Havard

Hi everyone, firstly can I thank you all for making me feel welcome.

I am going to look at a 94 N/A Aerotop today. Really fancy this one based on the photo's. Looking forward to having my first Supe!

I am having a nightmare getting insurance. My main problem is having a company car for 6 years, the companies are saying that my previous 8 years no claims have now been lost!

I am 32 with no fault accidents or convictions (give it time!).

Finding an insurance company that will 1) Insure Imports 2) Recognise company car drivers no claims bonus, is like rocking horse sh*t.

Can anybody recommend someone, tried Sky, £1000.00

HELP:angry:

H.

Hello and :welcome:

I had the same problem, but I ended up with Sky cos of the guaranteed value. but £1000 for a std n/a aero seems a lot, as mine was £1200 with all the mods declared and it's a TT. I think if you a paid member you get a discount with them (though I could be wrong)..

Good luck

Ross

hi and welcome.:D

you do get a discount with sky. you get 20% off. my insurance is £720 with 6 years no claims. that's not bad at all that. I'd ring them and quote your membership number and see what they say.

there must be a way you can source your no claims. They cant just disappear. ask any insurance for advise on as it must happen all the time.:D

For what it's worth.....

I was looking at insurance this week for my new runaround (thanks Muffleman!) and there was at least 1 site that asked how many years no claims I'd got, with an option for them being on a company car. I can't remember which company it was/ but I didn't try many - it might have been Swinton. No idea if they're any good for insuring a Supe though. Like the others day, call Sky up and explain the situation - Jae is a top bloke to speak to, Scott also. :)

Be careful and make sure you are being quoted for an Aerotop, check this by phoning them as Bell, Elephant and Admiral do not insure this model. They will insure an N/A or SZ Coupe however !

Lancaster wouldn`t insure my TT Aerotop.

A Plan was best for me and cheapest at £368

Sky who use the same insurer Ensign was £541

Tesco was £634 as a fresh quote or £724 on my renewal note.

Quite a difference in prices at the moment.

:p

Like some of the other guys have said, try A plan, they were the cheapest for me by quite a bit. Never tried Sky though as I never knew about them till I joined here, so thet might of been even cheaper.

Sky also offer a guaranteed value for your car as well:)