The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is there a legal requirement to have clocks in MPH?

Rayman

What about foreign cars over here thou ?

A French colleague of mine brought his car (S2000) over when he came to work here. He had to convert it all to read MPH etc. Bloody expensive as they're digital dash, and not many places sell a MPH dash for the S2000 which will fit onto a LHD car.

He wrote it off about 6 months later. Gutted.

Incorrect. Speedo in kph is perfectly acceptable. :)

I was going to say. A mate imported an Integrale from Holland, and was able to leave the speedo in kph. I believe it's the case that if a car is sold by a trader, then it needs to be converted to mph, but that private imports can remain as kph.

I was going to say. A mate imported an Integrale from Holland, and was able to leave the speedo in kph. I believe it's the case that if a car is sold by a trader, then it needs to be converted to mph, but that private imports can remain as kph.

Thats right as in my case, im gonna leave it in kph then.:D

do u not need chip anymore ?? i think its best to have it for a supra i advise against it for gtr due to hicas.

Yeh best to have the chip just in case i need to change it into miles, you nver know. Is it difficult to do? So it just converts it to miles and then clocks up in miles with this chip? I remember you saying about this now. Its probably something id get round to doing if i had the dash out.

Yeh best to have the chip just in case i need to change it into miles, you nver know. Is it difficult to do? So it just converts it to miles and then clocks up in miles with this chip? I remember you saying about this now. Its probably something id get round to doing if i had the dash out.

yep this does that and you have auction sheet to prove your milege ao it wont be problem once you convert, i prefer supras to read in miles.

yep this does that and you have auction sheet to prove your milege ao it wont be problem once you convert, i prefer supras to read in miles.

Yeh proving mileage wont be a problem, what abou the actual speedo, the dials, is that just a case of buying a mph dial and getting one of them thor convertors?

Argh righ i understand, sorry am new to all this, ill have it then please! Bloody clever piece of kit!

Where we up to with my car, did you have to send them forms to DVLA or take em in yourself?

took them in my self hopefull have your new reg for tuesday then will post your plates tax and chip to you.

so you coming to santa pod then ??? :)

took them in my self hopefull have your new reg for tuesday then will post your plates tax and chip to you.

so you coming to santa pod then ??? :)

Nice one, that will be great if i can be driving it next week sometime, had so many positive comments about the car so far, its brilliant.

Whens the santa pod October 8th?

I think its a fair drive for me Santa Pod, where abouts is it?