The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adrian Flux experience?

Bob

It'll be time to renew my insurance next month, so I've been ringing round for quotes.

The three main ones I have so far are:

Greenlight (renewal) - £980

Sky - £940

DirectLine - £1040

Adrian Flux - £790

The AF one seems good, with like-for-like cover and free breakdown cover thrown in. I was just wondering if any-one has had really bad experiences or generally find them OK?

Been with them 3 yrs, never had a quote better. Insure all types of mods too which is good and tend to know what you are talking about when you explain things to them - unlike some insurance companies Ive had quotes off.

However, I havnt had to make a claim through them so do not know how arsey they could be then when it comes to paying out etc.

Cheers

Gaz

It'll be time to renew my insurance next month, so I've been ringing round for quotes.

The three main ones I have so far are:

Greenlight (renewal) - £980

Sky - £940

DirectLine - £1040

Adrian Flux - £790

The AF one seems good, with like-for-like cover and free breakdown cover thrown in. I was just wondering if any-one has had really bad experiences or generally find them OK?

Don't use Adrian Fcuks if you are intending to modify the car and disclose it in the future!

My insurance was 2K when I first got the Supra. Having modded the car to BPU it worked out to be the equivalent of £2700 for the year.

Try Lancaster Insurance too mate.

Ro

I had a look at the Lancaster website, but it says they don't cover modified cars or imports?

Best to call them mate. They are not particularly clued up on the more sophisticated mods but as long as you state them, they check it out with the underwriter anyway.

They do agreed value cover too.

I have a dodgy postcode, speeding points and a few accidents and my agreed value of £12000 fully com, protected NCB, Breakdown cover and legal cover came to just over a grand.

I'm BPU J-spec.

Cheers,

Ro

Try A-Plan m8, they r really competitive, I've used them for 3 years now, 4 3 scoobies and now a supra tt and they have always been much cheaper than all the others. Also don't take ur eyes out when u mod the car neither:thumbs:

Tip: When you decide to take out a policy, make sure you receive hardcopy of the exact model and mods. Changes after you have taken a policy will most likey cost you £££ - It's a scam that alot of insurance companies use - They intentionally miss off mods or trim level

Don't use Adrian Fcuks if you are intending to modify the car and disclose it in the future!

My insurance was 2K when I first got the Supra. Having modded the car to BPU it worked out to be the equivalent of £2700 for the year.

Try Lancaster Insurance too mate.

Ro

That is bad, I went from N/A to N/A-T and with all parts that was used in the conversion like turbo, intercooler, bigger injectors etc all noted down it came to just under £300. Not bad for almost doubling the bhp! I also have a new declaration sheet with everything on I told them about.

Gaz

A Plan was the best price for me, they use Ensign as insurers (same as Sky) and were happy with my list of mods.

Adrian Flux and Sky were dearer.

Bell Direct and Lancaster would not insure my aerotop full stop.

Lancaster said it didn`t meet their criteria and Bell said they only insure certain Supra`s and not a model called Aerotop.

Make sure whoever you use that they know the full name of the model Supra is as insurers may only insure certain Supra`s.

In my case Supra TT Aerotop Auto GZ Import it didn`t matter I have maximum noclaims and am over 40 for Bell either.

:p

Had two Westfields insured with them for the past 15 years, had two claims, one for a completely burnt out car and one for a big engine fire !

I ought to add that the first car was burned out when my garage caught fire, not the car !

Both settled with no problems at all, and my premium didn't go up.

G :flame: