The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Like father like son

miko_supra

Owned the supra for 6 months now, and in that time my dad has come quite attracted to them. Selling up his old porsche 944 soonish and is wondering whether to get something new like a 350z or a standard uk TT.

Now i feel that yeah he should save himself 10 grand or more and get the supra, and it would be cool nd all but then he would have a supra better than mine...that he could flood money into whilst im there scrimping £100 a month to spend on the sup. Any one else got 2 supras in the family?

my dad always screws at me if i drive fast.. except just the other day he dropped me off to uni and took the car home as parkings a bit crap round there, and i seen him kick down and zoom off hahah. i think it would be nice if my dad had one, because eventually hell get bored and pass it on to me.

If i was your dad, id go for an import 350z, i know the spec isnt as high as the Uk acuivalent but the insurance is pretty similar and i just think he'll appreciate something a lot newer. Dont get me wrong the supe is great for the money but i just feel spending slightly more money and getting something newer would be better for him.

My Dad was always into decent cars and I would love for him to be around now. He'd have really dug the Supra.

I remember the look on his face when he first saw that I'd bought a 2.5L V6 MX6 a few years back.

He started off on one saying that it was a gas guzzler and too big. Until I pointed out that he was still driving around in a 2.5L V8 Daimler Dart sports car at 70! Then I took him for a ride in it and he got the point. :)

Nah i have mentioned the r34, but it doesnt do it for him. says its too young for him, and he's not all about POWER and handling, just a fun car to drive and nice to look at.

I do feel that he wants to get something new as he's never had a new car and has always owned cars that need work doing to them and i feel he's gotten over that. but i just feel that 20+ grand for a 350z which isnt as fast as the supra tt and doesnt look as good.

Is it possible to get a really late TT yet? cause if he could have a 2000 reg + then i feel he would be very very tempted.