The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Decided to keep my rx7 for another year

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

and do the following as the potentail is there.

4 point cusco roll cage

massive front drilled discs

under chassis strengthening bars

greddy oil catch tank

16 inch drag rims full set front and rear (so i can drive to events).

a chrome 3 way front engine bay strut brace the 3 point are bulkhead and strut tops.

am running 500 bhp at 1 bar now going to raise to 1.3 bar remove rear seats so will be over 600 bhp and weight around 1100.

and in current state its doing 12.2 at 126 i even got 129mph et on one run at a 12.3 time but this was with no traction till 3rd gear, so preet good even with no grip.

so am hoping to be low 11 high 10s next year which the car is cabaple of doing.

anybody want to sponsor me lol.

here is old thread of times at elvington.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=81853&highlight=rx7

and car in question http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/cars_forsale_t88rx.htm

Jurgen,

What are RX7s like as a daily driver? I hear about massive oil consumption and engine rebuilds. Is it really that bad? I quite fancy one (as I can't afford a Viper) but it'd have to be a daily driver.

for daily driver you will need a fairly stock one ie bpu in rx world around 350bhp the oil cosumption is only noticible more in the big singles cars.

the key is to find a good one rebuild or not, i have just sold a black one from jp to local guy was rebuild in jp fairly stock apart from clutch and he is using that as his daily car.:)

Shouldnt be too bad (at least that's what i keep telling myself), ive got to sell my N/A first anyway plus i wont be able to drive the new one until i'm 25 either which is the end of January next year, due to insurance.

Are you sure, can you not get cheap enough quotes or something?