The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cost to modify stock TT

dave100

Im considering buying a mates pretty stock TT. It has 18s and also think it has an exhaust and dump valve but thats all.

How much would it be to bring up to BPU standard and buy and fit a bodykit?

I know that this is a very general question but im only looking a ballpark price range as i think it might be cheaper to just spend more on a car with the work already done, esp the kit :confused:

I might be wrong (because if I look into it properly I'll do it :D) but I think you can get, both decat pipes (with a restrictor ring), a boost controller, boost gauge, fuel cut defencer, and colder plugs - all fitted - for under a grand. That's for new, top quality items.

assuming j-spec TT

double de-cat + restrictor ring = £250

colder plugs = £40

fuel pump (not essential but wise) = £90

boost guage = £50-100

FCD = £80

+ fitting cost unless you DIY

as for the kit, well depends what. Can be anything up around 2k for full bodykit parts + fitting and spraying on top of that - bodykits and bodywork is not that cheap

am thinking it would be more cost effective to buy a ready made one :D

thanks for all the advice lads. only reason i asked was because he has hinted £4.5 - £5K for the car which seems pretty cheap :blink:

Thats stupidly cheap if its a decent and well looked after car. BPU would cost probably a grand, but keep in mind these cars are not cheap to run. Budget a few £k per year on servicing and parts.

yeah 4.5k is a total bargain for a TT - too cheap imho unless it's a dog

BPU is cost effective to do from scratch (and at least you then know how long it's been stressed at BPU levels) but bodywork is expensive so if you want to get a kitted one it might be cheaper to wait.

expect to typically pay nearer 10k for a nice example with bpu and nice bodykit mods on it though I reckon