The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just fitted some Tein SS coilovers and Rota GTR's...

Shilakadaddy

Spent the past couple of days messing around fitting a set of Tein SuperStreet Coilovers and Rota GTR wheels. I'm slightly upset at the adjustment range of the Tein's to be honest, as I was expecting them to go lower than they do. When fitting them I simply set the adjustment rings to their lowest setting to test them on the car, but once I'd finished and took the car off the axel stands, I wanted to lower ride even more at the front! I had initially set the rear ride height to its lowest setting also, however I decided to raise that up a little to match the front.

All in all the job wasn't too bad to do - first significant thing that I've done to the supra since buying it. Had some serious breaker bar action going on to get the front caliper bolts off, and managed to mangle a thread on of the rear stabiliser bar links... but other than that it all went ok. :)

Only taken a couple of photo's as I'm not that good at taking pictures, I'll try to get some better ones soon. Still got an active front spoiler sat in the garage waiting to go on, so once I've got the geometry set up, I'll fit that too. Are toyota factory settings ok with lowered suspension?

Chris

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

I was wondering if it would settle at all. Not driven the car yet as the geometry will be all over the place, got it booked in to get done on saturday morning. I had standard springs and bilstein shocks on before, so I'm guessing the ride will be much worse! :blink: Hopefully not too bad though :)

I ordered offset 25 at the front and 30 at the rear, however the wheels that arrived were offset 35 at the front :( I was too impatient to send them back and wait for the new ones to arrive (with the winter months approaching - winter wheels will be going on soon!), but to be honest I'm quite happy with the look of these anyway, although I think offset of 25 will be spot on. Looks like I'll need to roll the rear arches if I intend to keep it at this ride height, however it should be fine at the front.

Thanks for the kind comments guys :)