The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fed up now, shall i just call it a day with my soop?

AMG

Getting fed up with fixing things that go wrong now. :(

In one week all my dash lights have packed up (checked all the fuses and they are ok!?!?!?!), my ariel has stopped working, i have developed a really annoying squeek in in my dash and also one of rear panels. Also is is squeeling like a pig from engine bay (PAS pump i presume) and started blowing a bit of blue smoke (valve stem seals i think).

All this as i was trying to find the money to get rid of my B@STARD lambo doors.

As i said, i am bloody fed up and thinking i should get rid and get a bloody fiesta or summat.

All this as i was trying to find the money to get rid of my B@STARD lambo doors.

As i said, i am bloody fed up and thinking i should get rid and get a bloody fiesta or summat.

How does it cost money to get rid of them? and why would you want to? they must have cost a packet to get installed?

Oh btw. A few minors things dont make justification for getting rid of your car

Have u checked the fuses by the throttle pedal?

Is it deffo the pump or could it be the belt? Try some wd40 on the belt to see if it goes away (temporarily)...second hand pumps are available out there...think i might even know someone with one.

Can't help with the doors or the aerial...

Have u checked the fuses by the throttle pedal?

Is it deffo the pump or could it be the belt? Try some wd40 on the belt to see if it goes away (temporarily)...second hand pumps are available out there...think i might even know someone with one.

Can't help with the doors or the aerial...

Yeah, checked all the fuses and they are fine, gonna have to have a look in the dash when i can be arsed. Tried WD but did nothing really.

Getting fed up with fixing things that go wrong now. :(

Put it up for sale on the forum mate - this thread should ensure that you get good money for it:blink:

Perhaps you've just had a bad time of things and everything will be OK from here on in.

KEEP IT!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

Guest 3dr_mark

Sounds more like a ford you have got there not a supra. :blink:

Stick with it mate i own a ford and that gives me plenty to do, but its the car we love at the end of the day. once you get behind the wheel of it and everythingis working again you will feel much better ;)

Yep stick with it mate. :)

I bought mine 8 weeks ago and have already paid out £2k for a service, respray because it got keyed and someone also tried to illegally sell it on ebay. Then, I crashed it at the Midlands Gumball and am now looking at another £1k odd bill if the worst comes to the worst. Plus I've spent £700 on getting Racelogic system and fitting. :(

Put it this way, what the fuk else would you spend the money on, booze, drugs, clothes? Bugger that, the Supra is a worthwhile investment! ;)

was looking at your garage to check your car out, let me tell you man, how can you get rid of a lovely car like this, as other guys said its a 13 years old car and needs things to be kept tidy sometimes, imagine if you had a 13 years old ford or BMW or any other thing mate they would be dead by now;)

keep it :D

Keep your car. It's a nice one. I'm in the same boat. If I sold it I wouldn't get back what I've paid out so I'd be in debt and Supraless.

We've had a coil-pack replacement, new SMIC, got a wheel bearing to do and my stem seals have gone too. We can just about afford it because we can't afford not to.

I find that when I'm fed up with her I'll catch a glimpse of her parked up at work and I think to myself "You stupid ass, why did ya buy a pink car"..... NO! I catch a glimpse and think "Wow!" and I can't imagine another car in it's place.

Well, maybe a Viper but....

IMO it's a great feeling when you sort out all this stuff yourself, truly a "man moment."

:yeahthat:

Do the stem seals yourself using TLicense's guide on here somewhere.

When you stand back and admire the non-smoking startup, your chest will be swelling with manly "I-did-that" pride! :D

:yeahthat:

Do the stem seals yourself using TLicense's guide on here somewhere.

When you stand back and admire the non-smoking startup, your chest will be swelling with manly "I-did-that" pride! :D

Ohhh, when I started her up after changing my cambelt, oh the pride,

...it reminded me of the first time I ever shat on a proper toilet.